Chapter 39 - The Day Of The Dragon

The Elemental Masters cheered as they deflated Chen's blimp.

"Yeah! Haha!"

"Sink the ferry. No one's getting off this island." Jay whooped.

"Yeah!" Bolobo sunk it using Nature.

"Idiots." Lucy muttered. "How are we gonna leave?"

"The palace and sleeping quarters are all clear. Still no sign of Chen and Clouse." Cole said, walking over to the group.

"What about Skylor?" Kai asked.

"She wasn't able to pick her family, but she was able to pick her friends. And since you're her friend, that means so are we. We'll find her." Zane assured him.

"Who is Skylor again?" Lucy whispered to Lloyd, he shrugged.

"He's right. With no way off the island, it'll only be a matter of time." Cole agreed with Zane.

"Ok, but who is Skylor?" Lucy asked to the rest of them.

"Kai's girlfriend." Jay teased.

"Hey! We aren't—she isn't—"

"Alright, so Kai has a crush. What element is she?" Lucy cut him off.

"Amber, she absorbs powers." Zane told her.

"Ok... and she's also Chen's daughter from what I hear?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, neat. Lloyd should we make a 'Kids of Villains' Club?" Lucy asked.

"Maybe, at this point probably."

"Who else would be there? Us, even though Dad isn't a villain anymore but he was one.... Skylor, Skales Jr., Hmm..."

Griffin ran over to them.

"Chen just figured out Skylor's powers can finish the spell. She's in danger." He explained quickly.

"You mean he's replaced his Elemental staff with the Elements in his daughter?" Zane gasped.

"That sounds abusive." Lucy muttered.

"Where?" Kai demanded, not hearing Lucy's comment.

"Other side of the island."

"I'm going after her."

"We all are." Lloyd said. "Jay, Zane, you take the mech and buggy. Cole and Lucy can take the Roto Jet. I've got my Dragon. Nya, how fast will the mobile base go?"

"Fast enough."

"Everyone else stay here and guard the camp. Let's get a move on!" Lloyd ordered.

"Ninja, go!"

The Ninja explore the jungle trying to find Skylor.

"Watch out for booby traps. Chen's rigged this whole island." Nya said, Lucy was with Cole in the Roto Jet.

"Read you loud and clear." Jay confirmed.

They all heard Zane yelp and Jay shout:

"Zane!"

"Carry on the mission without me!"

"He'll be all right. We have to stay on Skylor. She's too important." Kai said.

"You see them Cole?" Lucy asked, they could see Chen clearly. And Skylor on the ground running, Chen was about to shoot her.

"Yeah, you have a clear shot." Lucy said. And Cole started shooting down Chen. Lucy was piloting the jet.