Chapter 34 - Versus

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT AND POSITIVE FEEDBACK YOH CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH THAT HELPED! GO AHEAD AND READ THIS CRAP OF A CHAPTER

The next day was uneventful. Until that night whereas the four Ninja grouped in Kai's room.

They tried to figure out how they would search the island for the two siblings, Cole complained about how Kai's room was better than his own mainly since Kai had an actual bed and Cole had a rock one. But thanks to his complaining, he found a secret button which let the team into the inside of the castle.

They searched through the castle through hidden tunnels, Cole accidentally leaving a trail of chocolate-covered shell peas to allow them to know their way back.

However on their search, they found a large room. A ceremonial room. Where, after jumping four cultists, they got disguises and snuck in. Using melted chocolate to make faux-tattoos on their faces and watched Chen use a staff to steal Karlof's powers.

Green energy came from the staff and hit Karlof, taking his powers.

The chocolate melted and the four boys were caught. But they managed to run away, Clouse sent his pet snake after the team, it barely nicked Jay. Cutting a part of his clothes off and they got back into Kai's room.

Reluctantly, they agreed to abide by Chen's rules... for now.

The following morning, an Anacondrai Warrior was serving the Elemental Masters food for breakfast, cafeteria style.

"This isn't a fighting tournament." Jay said as the four Ninja were in line. "It's an excuse for Chen to steal everyone's powers. But we still don't know why."

"Isn't it obvious? Chen wants to destroy New Ninjago City. I don't know what it is, but that place has had a string of bad luck." Kai pointed out.

"I'm not so sure. It just doesn't seem right to me." Cole sighed.

"And may I remind us, we still don't know where the kids are, which is why we all need to take care of our first rounds to give us more time." Jay said, they all looked at him. "Don't look at me. I've already moved on."

"Your opponent was eliminated before you could fight." Zane reminded him him.

"Hehe, either way, it's my day off." Jay turned to the Anacondrai Warrior. "Extra creamy biscuits. And don't skimp." The Warrior piled biscuits on Jay's plate before he moved on.

They started walking away from the line.

"Taking a day off? And here I thought Ninja never quit." Cole said.

"And I used to think a Ninja wouldn't steal your girlfriend." Jay retorted.

Zane sighed in exasperation. "You should be preparing to fight your next opponent, not each other. You shouldn't harbor grudges."

"What grudge? I already dropped it." Cole shrugged as they sat down.

"I dropped it first."

"Did not."

"Did too." They continue arguing, with Jay dropping his biscuits and drink.

Chen came up on an intercom. "The Tournament of Elements continues! Fun time! Would the following Masters please make their way to their assigned arena? Speed, Gravity, Smoke, Nature, Mind, oh, and last and hopefully not least..."

"Huh, maybe we all got the day off." Jay guessed hopefully.

"...Fire!" Kai gasped. "Remember, only one can remain."