Chapter 39 - The Day Of The Dragon

Start from the beginning

"I can't see them." Cole exclaimed as a smokescreen blocked their sight. "Where did they—Argh!"

"Keep it steady." Lucy ordered, giving Cole the controls. "I'll handle this." She climbed outside and balanced on top of the jet.

"A bit of a breeze up here. I wonder which one of us will stay on their feet longer?" Clouse smirked.

"Hmm about neither?" Lucy tackled him, both falling into the jungle with trees breaking their fall.

Lucy was up on her feet first, but Clouse wasn't as old and inable as she had hoped.

"One of these days, your brother will have to stand on his own without his dear sister." Clouse pointed out.

"Yeah, probably." Lucy shrugged. "I mean, he lasted a month without me. Then he got himself kidnapped so I can't just leave him just yet. But you know who can't stand on his own without you? Chen."

Clouse sent attacks of dark magic towards Lucy, who dodged them.

Lucy tried to create an Aether wall to block them, but nothing happened and she was sent flying.

But she managed to land somewhat ok.

"You're gonna have to do better than that if you want to get rid of me, Clouse." Lucy spat, though she didn't know what was happening. She couldn't create anything.

"I have other things up my sleeves." He began chanting and a portal was starting to materialize.

"Oh geez, what is that?!" Lucy yelped. It began to suck things in and she grabbed a vine.

"A portal to the cursed realm! Your father banished the Anacondrai Generals here, let them have their revenge on his daughter." Clouse said. He grinned as the portal pulled Lucy closer. In his mind, he may not have Garmadon there for him to take revenge directly, but sending his daughter to the cursed realm was good enough.

Lucy didn't know what to do.

She tried to create a beam of Aether, destroying the portal but instead, a dark purple, blood red, and jet black orb engulfed it.

It dissipated in seconds, and where the orb was, a perfectly shaped indent was in the ground and the portal was gone.

For a second, both Lucy and Clouse were frozen with shock.

Then Clouse cast another spell.

It shot towards Lucy, her first instinct was to intercept it with her own attack so that's what she did.

Instead of her normal purple and white iridescent beam, a dark red and black uncontrolled pulse engulfed Clouse's spell, then himself.

He turned to dust in front of Lucy.

She covered her mouth in shock as she stepped back.

"What the—what did I just...." Her hands began to tremble as she moved her hand down away from her mouth. "I... I just killed—oh crap. Oh no."

"Lucy? Where you at?" Cole's voice came from her comm.

She brought a shaky hand to her ear. "I-I'm coming back. Be there soon."

"Lucy? What's wrong?" Lloyd asked.

"Nothing, memory. When you and Kai came from the volcano. It just surprised me." Lucy lied shakily as she started to walk back to the main area.

"Lucy!" Lloyd jogged over to his sister as she came. She sent him a smile and they did a quick side hug, his hand remained wrapped around hers as they went over to the rest of the group.