XVII

※No Sasuke※

"(Y/n)!" the girl squealed as she pounced onto me, engulfing me in a hug. Her squeeze leaves me breathless. "I'm so glad you're okay!"

Her embrace also leaves me speechless.

"I was so worried, you know? When you came home and we found you had passed out!"

I lightly pat her back, exhaling sounds of a dying goat possessed by a demon. Luckily, that was a good enough sign for her to get off of me.

"Sorry," Sakura sighs.

"Ah! Sakura-chaaan... that hurt a lo—Oh, (J/n)-chan!"

Shivers. That nickname comes from one person and one person only.

The hothead appears in the doorway. His hand rests on the side of his head, rubbing it as if in pain. Regardless of only knowing them for a few days, I assume Naruto said something to offend Sakura, thus leading to some sort of injury.

"Naruto, Sakura?" I question once I've regained my breath. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We were worried, of course!" Naruto exclaims, taking his turn to engulf me.

"Worried?" I gasp.

Sakura pokes me in the arm. "Yes, worried! Did you think we weren't gonna come check on our friend?"

Naruto leans back, standing next to Sakura as they both smile gingerly at me. All I could do was stare back, my thoughts lingering on the word 'friend'. How that caught me off guard? I may never truly find out.

My antisocial, introverted side peaked when I started to stutter as a response. "O-oh, y-you guys really didn't have to—I-I mean, you guys could've j-just texted—I mean, I would've seen you guys tomorrow and—" I stop myself from embarrassment. I inhale deeply, even if they noticed how much I was trying to keep under control. With a reassuring smile, I say, "I'm fine."

"That's great!" Naruto cheers.

"Eh?" Sakura seems impressed. "Are you sure?"

I nod. "Of course...?"

Sakura crosses her arms. "You sound unsure."

While still keeping the conversation, I invite the two in for a seat in the living room and shut the door quietly. "Uh... I just don't understand why you guys are so worried?"

Naruto flops onto the couch and moans, obviously finding our cheap furniture comfortable. He relaxes in that position, unlike Sakura who remains standing. "What do you mean by that?"

My brows knit together, confusion overrunning my system. "Um... I don't know?"

The pinkette snatches my shoulders and shakes me uncontrollably. "Dude! You could've been raped!"

"Woah!" I remove her arms and take a stroll to the kitchen, my head a little dizzy. I noticed that Kaito wasn't washing the dishes anymore. He must've gone back to his room for his video games, I guess. "I wasn't gonna get raped."

"You were molested, though!"

I throw my hands out to the sides. "No, I wasn't! I'm fine, seriously."

For once, Sakura keeps her mouth shut. I should be thankful for her sudden conscious act to be silent, but instead, I feel uneasy. After pouring glasses of water for our two guests, I glance at Sakura and notice how intense her stare is. It's enough to make me gulp.

"Maybe whatever the guy did to you must've been nothing compared to you almost getting run over by a car just before."

"Yeah..." I reply, handing her the glass of water.