48

The torture I endure after coming back. I hope that it pays off in the end. It's been weeks of heavy training with little to no sleep. Now that my training had finished last night was the first night I've gotten a full nights rest and I feel like I haven't slept at all. The work I put must be catching up to me now. I can't move my arms or legs. My throat was so dry ! I had to force my extremely tired body to get up only to collapse onto the floor.

My door opened and someone walked in. A pair of strong arms easily lifts me off the floor and into his chest. "You know not to get up after training. Your body needs time."

"I-" I couldn't even say his name my throat was so dry.

He Laid me back down on the bed and gives me water he was carrying through a straw. "Where have you been" I asked softly. I was furious that I hadn't seen him since the night before I faced Silva  and Zeno.

"I knew you were going to be forced to go through another training so I booked myself busy to make up for what I'm going to miss these next few weeks" he replied

"What's-"

"Drink." He ordered holding the straw back to my mouth. "The next few weeks I thought I could stay here and help you recover."

"You never did that before." He looked at me puzzled. Setting the glass down on the dresser beside my my bed.

"No i haven't. Before I didn't see you as my fiancé. Just my colleague and friend." He answered.

I wanted to make a snarky remark. I know he didn't think of this by himself and was probably originally his mothers or  fathers idea. But at this point, I didn't care. Company would've been nice. Especially with the first few days being the hardest.

"No comments?" Tilting his head in confusion he placed his hand over my head "are you feeling sick? That would be odd."

"No. I'm just tired." I yawned.

"Sleep. I'll leave you a-"

"Stay.. stay with me please." I asked quietly.

"If I stay what would that do?" He asked. I hated how clueless he was when it comes to basic human emotion but oddly adorable.

"It'll make me happy. But the choice is yours. If you wish to leave then you can. I'll be falling back asleep soon anyways."

"Then I'll stay until you fall asleep." He positioned himself behind me and laid down.

"Hold me" I instructed.

"Is that for comfort?"

I smirked. "Yes this room is freezing."

He laid on his side and wrapped me around his arms. His scent completely intoxicated me. I missed this. I couldn't explain how many times I thought about being in his arms where it's warm and just feeling his chest moves as he breathed. "You must think this is weird. Me asking you to hold me."

"I find it weird that you're looking for comfort when you are more than capable of taking care of yourself. But I understand this is what married couples do. Even assassins."

"I'm at my weakest point right now. Unable to move and care for myself. Your the only person I truly trust. So being in your arms at a weakened state like this makes me feel safe. In marriage that's what we seek. Safety and security but also for some love. But with us that will come later."

"I see. So you feel safe and secure right now?"

"I do. Thank you." I took what ever strength I had and turned my body over to face him. "Thank you for saving me illumi. I lifted my head and kissed him. He hesitated for a second but quickly returned the kiss and pulled me closer. He kissed me slowly. Our lips gently brushing against each other as his tongue sweeps over mine. Everytime he kisses me the way he does I can't help but feel lucky to see a side of him no one else will. Because no one else will ever truly be safe with him. And as much fun as I have with hisoka, he could never give me the safe and secure feeling I get from illumi.

"Ah I have your next assignment by the way." He said pulling away from the kiss. I wish for once he was his less talkative self and just keep kissing me. "Killuas been asking about greed island. Have you played ?"

"I have."

"Do you have access to the game still?"

"I do. Why?"

"We need you to find killua when he enters the game. See what he's doing there and make sure he gets out alive."

"He won't have any troubles getting out alive."

"Just in case. You'll be there. He trusts you."

"So just find out why he's there and tag along?"

"That's all."

"Sounds easy enough."

He leaned down to kiss me one more time "marry me. After the summer. After this assignment." He asked

"We're already engaged. And why so soon?"

"I felt uneasy during your last assignment. Which showed me that I care for you more than I thought. Being my wife I would never have to worry about you facing my family again. By me asking you to marry me after this greed island assignment, it's our choice. Not arranged. This would be something you and I would decide on. "

"Are you saying you're choosing to marry me?"

"I'm saying that I want you to want to marry me. Like I want to marry you"

Well I'll be damned. Illumi actually showing me he wants and is ready for this.  "Not like we had a choice "

"We have a choice now. We marry each other ourselves or follow through the arranged marriage version which feels less like we chose each other and more like our parents chose us."

Well I'll be damn. "Ok then." I smiled. "I'll marry you Illumi. After Greed Island. But I want you to get down on one knee and ask me again when I come back"

"What will that prove?"

"That your choosing me because you want to choose me. Not because you have to."

"Very well"

"I want a big ass diamond ring too. I'm not cheap."