29

Hisoka hunched over the table was fast asleep. I almost snuck up on him wide awake so I'm positive with my training I can slip past him. I've already texted chrollo and spoken to him about the situation. He seems pretty understanding about it all and gave me permission to go home until the auction. With a bonus pay to remain in the Zoldyck good graces for now. So once hisoka snored away it was my moment.

I left a left a small paper with a middle finger drawn on it just to tease. And before I knew it I was off.

I waived down a taxi and pulled out phone. "Kill. Are you fine?"...."that's good. Keep your eye open and don't be foolish to get caught like that again. I'll be home for the time being. Call me in you need anything."

"Where to?" The driver asked

"Kukuroo mountain."

"Your kissing right ? That's pretty far."

"I have the money." I yawned

"I hear this crazy family of Assassins live there. Is that true?" The man asked.

"Very" I pulled out my phone and shit illumi a text .

Me: change of plans. I'll be home. I'm on my way there now.

"So what business you got over there ? Sight seeing ? Take a picture with the gate like everyone else ? It's a huge tourist spot."

"No. Just going home." The mans eyes glared at me from the rear view mirror. Sweat glistening from his forehead and he nervously tightened his grip on the wheel.

"Y-you live there?  You mean the republic of Padokea right?"

"That's where the Kukuroo mountain is right? " I teased. I found joy in making men fear me

"So your an assassin of the z.."

"Y/n Zoldyck.. now if you don't mind making this a quiet ride I'll be sure to pay you for your troubles."

My phone buzzed as illumi replied back

Illumi: is everything ok?
Me: Fine. I'll fill you in when I see you. Will you still be able to meet with me even though it's back home ?
Illumi: yes I'm taking the time off.
Me: I really appreciate the effort illumi. This means a lot.
Illumi: oddly enough this took no effort at all. I genuinely want to see you again.
Me: is it odd to you that our friendship is taking this turn?
Illumi: not at all.  We all knew it was going to come. The timing just happens to be now. That's all. I'm very comfortable with you.
Me: I agree...
illumi: great in that case stop being so formal with me. It's annoying. Go back to being the pain in the ass you are and always have been."
Me: Sorry. I didn't know how to act around you since .. things got romantic with us.
Illumi: just be the you you've always been .
Me: and you? Your so emotionless with me now. Like I'm everyone else. You don't smile around me. Laugh. None of that anymore. I miss the old you.
Illumi: I suppose I didn't know how to act around you either since you came back. I saw u differently. But fair is fair. We'll both be ourselves like nothing changed and take things from there. Just enjoying each other's company.
Me: :) I can't wait then.
Illumi: I'll be leaving soon to go home. I'll see you there.

I smiled like a school girl who finally got to text her crush. But there was still one call to make. Chrollo.

I picked up the phone and dialed out.

"Chrollo..there's some things we need to discuss. Starting with my leaving the base to return home."