11

I sat across from the clown as we engaged in small talk. I tried to analyze him further but he made that nearly impossible. He remained the same mystery he's been since I first met him.

"Tell me." He started. He grabbed the napkin from the table and wiped his mouth. Grabbing his glass of wine and taking a small sip. "Do you wish to fight me?"

I was taken aback by his question. Nearly choking on a potato I coughed viciously under his persistent glare. Once I was finally able to breathe I answered "no. What makes you ask that!"

He smiled a mischievous smile and crossed his legs. Sitting back straight on his chair he threw his hands up in question " you tell me. You've been trying to secretly study me this whole time." He watched my eyes widen in shock. How the hell did he know this! I know for a fact I was careful. I never make it obvious! "Yes.." he continued. "I noticed. I played into your little game but now I must know.the suspense is killing me" he grinned

"Your unusual." I answered truthfully "in my line of work I'm able to analyze any situation.. any person.. but I can't analyze you. I can't figure out what's your next move. Your true motives."

He chuckled and raised his glass back up to his lips " Is that all I have to do to keep your interest in me ? Remain... unusual?"

"I think your taking it out of context." I said quickly in defense.

"Am I?" He placed down the glass and set his elbows on the table resting his chin in his palms. "I'm no fool. Make no mistake. I know the difference when people fear me.... and when they are interested.  And you .. my little wild flower. Are both. Afraid and interested. Like a good little masochist."

I clenched my jaw and folded my arms. He spoke as if he figured me out. In a way I guess he did but I'm not willing to admit it. "I'm not a masochist. And you know nothing about me. I do not fear you nor want you. I simply see you as a puzzle. That's all."

He closed his eyes and smiled brightly. I couldn't help but melt a little. It was terrifying how calm an un phased  he is by the situation yet.. yet.. he had a great smile. "Me? A puzzle?" He tried his best not to laugh. "Your the game here. It's been a while since I've been this entertained."

My heart skipped a beat. I'm the game? So this whole time I've been trying to figure him out I've been playing into his game? But what exactly is that?  "Do you intend to kill me then ?" I asked. Hisoka doesn't seem like the type to just play a simple game. He reeked of psychotic energy. A friendly little game isn't who he is.

"I haven't decided." He cooed.
Now I regret my decision coming to this dinner. I should've known better ! Illumi and Silva always said if success isn't guaranteed run away. My dumbass did the opposite. I went to dinner with him.

"Well Mr-"

"Hisoka.. please." He interrupted.

"Hisoka" I continued " I should get going . I have a meeting with my father in law in the morning" I stood up and left out some money on the table but Hisoka raise his hand refusing I leave it there.

"This tab is on me." He smiled handsomely. His golden eyes piercing into mine as apart of some role in his game and I was quickly falling into his trap.  Why must the psychotic be the most handsome.

"Leave it as the tip then" I said softly , staring him straight in the eye not backing down.

Hisoka licked his lips seductively, "if you insist."

"I do". I left the restaurant with my heart pounding . The man has some hold on me. His body and personality screamed of dominant energy and my body and mind wanted to submit so easily!!

I am my worst enemy at this point. Around Hisoka at least.  I turned the knob to my door and was greeted with 8 dozen roses on my bed with 3 boxes of chocolate. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and some chocolate covered fruit. With a note on top.

Y/n ...

Message me when you see this.
                                                  -illumi

I sighed deeply and pulled out my phone.

Me: got your note 

I walked over to the flowers and smelled them before taking them of the bed and setting them along the windowsill and table. Throwing some dark chocolate in my mouth. I was going to put that in the fridge until I tasted almonds and sea salt with it.

My favorite.

Illumi: I hear woman like flowers and chocolate as apologies.

Me: is this an apology? A dagger would've sufficed.

Illumi: possibly but that would've been something you expected.

Me: are you toying with me illumi? I just left you and your girlfriends room. Did you get this before or after you fucked her.

Illumi:after you left. I think I felt what it means to 'feel bad' for my actions towards you.

Me: I highly doubt that. Thank you for the flowers and chocolate though. I'm going to bed for our meeting with your father in the morning.

Illumi:We will talk more then. But one question before you go to sleep

Me: ok

Illumi: were you and Hisoka on a date ? Or was that just dinner.

Was he spying on me? No.. he prob just seen us in his way out. Or In.

Me: goodnight illumi. 

"Hmm" illumi mumbled out loud

"Hmm" illumi mumbled out loud. Locking his phone and tossing it back in his pocket he he stared off into space.

"What's wrong" machi asked as she stretched out on the bed

"Y/n .." he replied simply

Rolling her eyes she covered herself up by putting on  illumis large shirt "what about her. "

"I think I've underestimated how upset she's been." Illumi leaned back in the chair and stared up at the ceiling

"Why does that matter " she asked placing a hand on her hip.

"Because she does." He looked over to machi catching her faces of disapproval. His answer was just a reminder that machi wasn't as important.

"Then why are you here with me and not with her." She said angrily. But she was right.