47

I tossed my needles quickly making the first move. Yet, zeno's speed is unmatched. Effortlessly moving away from my weapons I charged him. With some tricks up my sleeves I made him believe I was attacking his face and at the very last second I was able to switch direction and jab him in the ribs catching him off guard.

One thing i learned from Zeno is to never give the target a chance to gather themselves together once they've been hit. So I automatically swung my body and landed a kick to his face. As my foot landed back onto the ground I dropped into a split avoided his knife like fingers as they retaliated. Without a second wasted I brought myself to a hand stand and coughs his arm between my legs and pulled them to the side with all my strength leading him to the ground. Manipulating my fingers to sharpen i pounced at the opportunity to cut his throat but as quickly as he fell was as quickly as he got up.

Silva took advantage of my misfortune and punched me as hard as he could before I had the chance to stand.

I have never been hit so hard before. The pain is manageable but my body is only human. I felt my cheek bone crack as my vision became disoriented. I lost complete feeling in my body. My nerves were no longer listening to my brainwaves demanding them to get me up and keep fighting. My kids fought against gravity to stay open.

I could see zenos purple dragon capture chrollo in its mouth and Silva ready to kill them both. With the large blast I knew I failed my mission.
.
.
.

"Where's my client?" Illumi asked through the phone.

"Here"

"Oh. We're you fighting?"

"Yes." Silva sighed

"My wife?"

"Where's my client?" Silva asked ignoring Illumi's curiosity

"Dead. Where's my wife?"

"I'll see you soon"

Chrollo sat up and watched as Silva carefully placed me into his arms "are you going to kill me?"

"Were not getting paid so you get to live to see another day." Zeno replies. "We don't do this job for fun. Nor will we risk our lives for free."

"I see" chrollo smiles. "She was worth every penny."

Silva stared chrollo down as he walked towards the exit. Once we reach outside I could feel the cold breeze hit my face and my body loosened up with ease. "You did good." He said.

Unable to find the strength to speak I remained silent.

"But you failed to keep your client safe. You should've been able to hold us off a bit longer. You weren't aware of your surroundings giving me a free shot . So when you when you wake up the morning we're training until you can withstand another one of my hits. If you survive the night."

He placed me into the car and cussed to himself. "Damn that old man." .. "the only reason your alive is because Zeno has a soft spot for you. You would've bled out within minutes."

Thinking back to my fight with him he had plenty of open shots to sever my leg and jam his hand into my chest.  How can I face Illumi knowing I'm alive out of pity. I look pathetic.

"K...I...ll ... me" i grunted.

"If you can withstand my next punch by 2 months.. I'll push back the wedding a year. BUT. If you can't the wedding remains as scheduled and you two will immediately try for a baby."