4

I dropped myself on the comfortable bed . Wishing I could just relax one night and start the day off strong tomorrow but my schedule is booked for today. Waiting for illumi to show up and my meeting with a new client at 9.

"Fuck me" I sighed.

"Did I come at a bad time?" Illumi asks as he entered the room.

"Of course not. I'm just exhausted."

"Oh. Well here you go." He handed me a box neatly wrapped with a bow.

"Did you wrap this yourself?" I asked taking the box from him and sitting down on my bed.

"Yes."

I pulled the yellow ribbon undoing the pretty bow and removed the wrapping paper. I opened the box and pulled out an outfit that resembles his.

I giggled "you want us to look alike ?"

"Not necessarily. It brings us to the other gift." He said pointing in the box.

I looked underneath the outfit and seen two boxes hidden. Opening the jewelry like box my eyes lit up.

His pin needles... two different sets. Black and yellow like his.

"Illumi.." I said in awe grabbing one of the needles and seeing it glisten in the light.

"Your a manipulator without a favorite object to manipulate. I know you always were fascinated by my pin needles so I had them custom made for you. The outfit is custom made as well for cushion for the needles. They're yours to make your own. To do with as you please. You may be able to do corpse control or needle people with practice."

I hugged illumi tightly. " this is amazing! Thank you illumi."

"So you like it ?"

"I love it! What made you do this?" I asked

"Your birthday is today isn't it?"

I couldn't believe I forgot my own birthday "you remembered my birthday? You never do."

"I do. I suppose it's just time o start placing effort."

"Into what exactly?" I asked

"You. I see my parents and how they are with one another. Apart of me would like to know what that feels like."

"To love someone ?" I sighed "illumi, I accept the gifts and the effort. But your free to see who ever you please until you feel like it's time to commit. I don't want to force you to this. Get everything out of your system now because if you commit based of feeling the need to and think you can betray our union..... I will kill you and everyone around me."

"Fair enough. Same goes to you. We should meet more often and keep in touch." He said walking towards the door.

"Your different illumi.  Different than before . What changed?"

"Hmm.. I suppose the time away from you.. we've been inseparable until we took our own separate jobs. Anyways. I'll keep in touch. You do the same."

"Wait!" I yelped jumping up from the bed and kissed him on the cheek. As I think he had the slightest tint of pink on his cheeks from it.

Closing the door behind him , I smiled at my new needles and couldn't help but feel that this was an amazing first gesture. Even with his emotionless expression I could tell he put a lot of thought into it.

I guess it's time to meet my client.

I walked downstairs and went to the restaurant he said he would be at.

"Name?" The hostess smiled.

"Morou."

"Right this way ma'am." She lead me through the fancy restaurant. Clearly I was underdressed. "Your friend is in the restroom, can I get you something to drink in the meantime?"

" red wine. Sweet. Any brand will do."

I sat patiently and waited. I pulled out my phone and have my updates to Silva in a text.

Me: mission was unsuccessful. Illumi was hired against my client. But I'm meeting with another one tonight. Killua is still nearby. I'll continue to keep an eye out. -y/n.

"My my my" the familiar voice cooed with a grin. "Your even more beautiful in person. The prettiest thing here."

I looked up at the well dressed handsome man. But unphased and unfooled I refuse to fall into this false charm.

"I'm Hisoka Morou"

His eyes were extremely dangerous

His eyes were extremely dangerous. He was definitely someone I need to tread lightly with. "Flatteries will get you nowhere Mr. Morou. I'm here for business and business only. So can we get started ?"