Chapter 4

A/N Maverick Lilian in picture
"Seriously, Ian? You don't need my help. And you definitely don't need to go to the damn mall," I said to my somewhat hyperventilating best friend on the phone. "You have a shit ton of clothes and it's all stylish. I'm about to hang up on you."

"Don't! Okay, okay. Just come over and help me find something to wear," he begged. It was Saturday and Ian was bugging me to help him find something to wear for his date with Mike. I expected this phone call from Maverick, not outgoing Ian.

I let out a sigh. "You don't need my help, Ian. Just find something subtle. Meaning don't wear anything revealing, or slutty in your case."

"You know damn well I don't own slutty clothes," he said seriously. I went mute for a few more seconds. "Club wear doesn't count, Nathan."

I chuckled. "Yeah. Sure it doesn't. But seriously, get off my phone."

"Fine. Be that way. I'll remember that when you and mysterious Mr. Top go on your first date and you ask for my help. I'll remember to say hell no," he huffed.

"One, I'd never let you pick an outfit for me. You'd dress me up like a hooker and I can do without that, thank you very much. And two, we know you have better taste in clothes than I do so I don't see why you even called me," I replied.

"You're right. Anyway, I'm going to go now! Have fun being alone and sad, rude ass. Love you!" he exclaimed before hanging up on me. That man has some serious issues.

My Saturday was supposed to be spent in peace. That however ended as soon as my doorbell rang around 5pm. I had only moved into my new house two days ago so it could have only been someone who knew my new address. That number was very few.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" I yelled as the determined individual continued to ring my doorbell like a nut. "Damn it! Stop that!"

I opened the door and saw my nephew Jayden in the middle of ringing my doorbell with his sister Carly standing beside him. "Oh, it's you two. Why are you here?" I opened the door wide so they could walk in.

"Nice to see you too, Uncle Nate," Carly said sarcastically. She acted too much like Ashlynn, sarcastic little ass.

"Yeah, Uncle Nate. You don't have to be so rude," Jayden said. His five-ten frame slightly shorter than his sister's six foot Amazonian ass. I always lacked in height compared to the women in our family. Even compared to my niece whom is only seventeen. My nephew and I were the same height and he was only nineteen.

I sighed. "I was hoping to spend my weekend in peace."

"Ah! You don't love us anymore, Uncle Nate?" Carly added in a baby voice.

I glared at her, "I must admit I liked y'all much better when you were six and eight. What happened to my adorable niece and nephew?"

"We grew up," Jayden said at the same time Carly said, "I grew boobs."

I looked at her unimpressed. "Anyway, what brings you two here today?"

"Eh, the moms are trying to have sex and it got boring at my house. So we stopped by to see our favorite uncle," Jayden cheered.

I glared," Yeah right. I believe the part about Krista and Ashlynn, which is really gross to think about," I shuddered at the thought. "But seriously what's up?

"Nah, that's pretty much it. It was getting boring at Jay's place. He's no fun," Carly said taking a seat on the couch. Jay and I followed, me taking a seat across from them. I only nodded.

"Okay," I said turning on the TV.

"So what's going on with you, Uncle Nate? Mom said you had a secret admirer or some shit like that," Carly stated.