Surprise Epilogue

China Anne Mcclain as Malia Manning

Epilogue

"Dad, Drew's being annoying," our daughter, Malia, declared as she stormed into the room. Malia was now nineteen. Kelsey and I adopted her when she was fourteen and we couldn't have asked for a better daughter. She was a great addition to our small family.

"Nate, Malia's being a baby," Drew mocked sitting on the couch.

"You guys are adults, what could you possibly be arguing like children for?" I asked.

"Drew won't leave me alone about Kenny," she huffed. Kenny was Malia's current boyfriend, I say current cause she went through boyfriends and girlfriends quite frequently.

"Tell your boyfriend to watch where he puts his hands on my little sister," Drew huffed. Ever since we brought Malia home with us, Drew has proved to be every bit of the protective older brother.

Malia rolled her eyes. "I am an adult now, Drew. I can handle my own boyfriend."

"Yeah right. Just don't do all that touching shit in front of me. I don't care to see him feeling all up on my little sister. And I mean that, Malia. I would love to have a reason to kick your boyfriend's ass. Don't tempt me," he pushed back off the couch and left the room and exited the house. Malia sighed and dropped down on the couch.

"Why does he treat me like I'm five years old? Dad, I'm nineteen. Tell him to cut it out," she pouted. I chuckled at her and dropped my papers on the coffee table.

"Malia, honey, you're his only little sister. He's bound to treat you like you're fragile. I can't change that. Drew loves you and he's just looking out for you. And while we are on the subject of Kenny, I don't like the way he touches you freely in front of your father and I. We understand you're an adult, but he should have a little respect in front of us. Your dad already doesn't like him and that just adds fuel to the fire," I told her. Kelsey has explained on many occasions this past month of his disdain for Kenny. I had to pull him away from the boy when he kept rubbing his hand on Malia's thigh. Kelsey was ready to beat the poor boy's ass right then and there.

She let out a sigh, "Okay, dad. I was starting to get bored of Kenny. He has wondering eye syndrome. It's like watching a starved animal eye his next prey." She rolled her eyes. "I'll be back later. Gonna go end things with Kenny. Tell daddy I'll be home before dinner." She gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving the house.

Ten minutes later I heard the garage door open. The scent of my wonderful husband hit me before I felt him kiss the top of my head.

"Hey, baby. How's the paperwork going?" he asked taking a set on the couch.

"It's boring, as per usual. How was work?" I asked.

"Same old same old. Where's our lovely daughter? Drew called me complaining about Kenny," he rolled his eyes. "I'll be glad when she dumps that twat."

I laughed. "Well our daughter just went to go dump said twat so you won't have to worry about him any longer."

"Thank goodness. So what will we do for dinner?"

"Well," I began. "Since it's a little early to be thinking about dinner. How about we head on up to the room and occupy ourselves before our daughter comes home?"

"I like the sound of that," he smirked before picking me up bridal style and carrying me to our bedroom. Once in our room, he tossed me on the bed and climbed on top of me.

"You know, Kelsey," I looked into his eyes. "I'm kind of glad Kevin cheated on me with you seven years ago. If he hadn't, we wouldn't be here today."

"Tell me about it. We should probably thank him for being such a slut," he laughed before kissing me deeply.

"I love you so much, Kelsey Manning," I sighed softly.

"And I love you just as much, Nathan Manning," he replied.

My life was complete.

~~~

Surprise! I hope you enjoyed the short epilogue. Love you guys so much!!