Chapter 2

A/N Drew in the picture
Work went just as it always had, besides that letter. I don't even want to think about that right now.

I had called a cab and headed over to what used to be my apartment. Note to self: contact landlord. My car was still in the parking deck of the apartment complex so I wasn't worried about getting my stuff back to my hotel room. Another note to self: contact a realtor.

"Seventeen-fifty," said the cab driver once we pulled up to the complex. I gave him a twenty and told him to keep the changed. I got out and walked to the door. Sigh. Let the games begin.

"Good evening, Mr. Little. How are you this evening?" asked Hannah, the receptionist. Hannah was always a sweet girl. Her aunt Linda lived right next door to us.

"Hi, Hannah. How are you? I'm good," I replied.

"I'm great, Mr. Little! It was nice to see you," she called after me as I walked by her and to the elevator. When I made it to the front door of the apartment, I let out another sigh.

I was not looking forward to this. I knocked on the door and waited a few minutes. Soon enough, that Drew kid opened the door.

"Kevin left all the things you bought him in a box with the rest of your belongings. I'm not going to be in your way," he replied walking into the living room.

"Thank you," I said walking in and closing the door behind me. "I won't be here too long. The quicker I can get out of here, the more chance I have of not seeing the jackass."

Drew let out a chuckle. I looked at him curiously before heading to the bedroom. I noticed Kevin had all my things packed. All I needed to do was take it to my car. I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I looked back at the door and saw Drew.

"Can I help you?" I asked nicely. This kid was weird. He just stood there staring at me for like two straight minutes.

"Actually, if you don't mind me asking, how did you and Kevin meet?" he asked. I looked at him oddly. Something was definitely off with this kid. I'm telling you, he was not a normal guy.

"Uh, I went to my best friend's older brother's college party. He and Kevin were friends. I was sixteen and Kevin was nineteen. What's with the question?" I inquired.

"Well, I was just curious. So you guys have been together for fifteen years?" he asked me.

"Yeah. We were," I said. I was still a bit hurt by the outcome of our relationship. I really didn't want to discuss it with the guy my ex-partner had been cheating on me with.

"I see. Kevin really is a jackass isn't he?" he finally said.

"Huh?"

He let out a sigh. "I'm not the guy Kevin's been screwing. That would be my dad. Somehow I got thrown into playing the 'boy-toy' as you put it," Drew explained. "Kevin and my dad have been having affair for quite some time, but my dad is hell bent on not coming out. He's afraid it will ruin his reputation.

"Is he serious? It's 2017, a lot more people are open about sexuality now-a-days," I exclaimed.

"Yeah, explain that to my dad. He is still stuck in the 80's to be honest. He really pisses me off," Drew sighed. "My dad has always been like this. A home wrecker. He and my mom had a drunken one night stand and that's how I came to be. By the way, I'm 23, not 19."

"Oh, sorry about all that. I was just really pissed and I took it out on you," I replied.

"It's no big deal. I know what it's like being cheated on. My ex did the same. We just broke up six months ago and I still can't get over it," he said looking down. Wow, never would have expected all of this to happen. "Anyway, I just thought you should know. And, I know my dad is a huge whore, but he really isn't a bad guy. Don't hate him too much. I guess he just fell for Kevin's cheesy ass lines. I tried to tell him Kevin was a jackass, but he wouldn't believe me. I few he will get hurt just like you and me."

"I hope everything works out in your dad's favor. I'm going to go ahead and start moving this stuff to my car if you don't mind," I said trying to rush the conversation.

"Right! I will help you," he replied.

~~~

With Drew's help it didn't take too long to get my car packed full with my things. I didn't go through and make sure everything was there. I didn't really care too much about that stuff. I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

"Well, that looks like it's everything," Drew said shutting my trunk.

"Thank you for the help," I said.

"No problem. Oh! If you ever want to go out and drink or clubbing, give me a call. I wrote down my number, here," he gave me a sheet of notebook paper.

"Uh, thanks. But I can't date you or anything," I explained.

"Oh!" he laughed. "I don't mean as dates or anything. I mean as friends. I could really use a friend considering my ex cheated on me with my best friend. A friend is definitely needed for me.

"Oh damn! I'm sorry! I would love to do that. Uhm, you do realize I'm at least nine years older than you, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends," he smiled. "Anyway, Kevin should be getting home soon. I guess I'll see you around." He held out his hand for me to shake.

"Definitely. See you later, Drew," I shook his hand.

"Same to you, Nathan. Good bye!" he waved me off as I drove out of the parking deck.

All I could think about on my way back to my hotel room was how much Kevin really is a dick. He should not be allowed to just be able to play with people's feelings. I hope he gets what he deserves, and pronto.

I got back to my room and showered. After my shower I laid in bed watching TV. I turned to the side and saw the letter from before sticking out of my jacket pocket. I got up and picked it up.

Should I really give this a try? I mean, what's there to lose? I thought it over for a lot longer. Eventually I found myself drifting off to sleep.

~~~

The next morning I got up and got ready for another day of work. I saw the letter lying on the floor by the bed. I picked it up and without hesitating, I wrote a reply:

Dear Top,

I accept your offer. I promise to find out who you are. Can't wait to eventually meet you.

Yours truly,

Bottom (Nathan Little)

Well then. Let the real games begin. I will find you 'Top'! Just you wait and see!

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey lovelies! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Love you guys! Comment, Follow, or Vote! --Love JPhinx