Chapter Seven

Pic: Ashlynn Anderson
"Mom," I said cutting her off mid-sentence. For about ten minutes or so, she had been ranting to me about how I was disrespectful to Sheila and how she didn't raise me to be like that. Let me say one thing about my mother. Melissa Rogers is one hell of a looker. And I'm not just saying that because she's my mom. She had Krista when she was 19 years old so that puts my mom at the prime age of fifty-four and she looked as if she was in her late 30s. It was to be expected though. For some reason everyone in my family, besides my dad and his side of the family, looks as if they are younger than what they really are. Well, except for Jayden. Even though that boy is short, he still looks like he's at least twenty-one as opposed to his age of 19. I guess we were just blessed with good genes.

Moving on from how gorgeous my mother is, she had received a call from my dad, Andrew, about the Sunday Night Smackdown. According to my mother, although Sheila is an irritating witch, my words not hers, I should not have disrespected her. Now, I love my mom, but I am about to be 31 years old which makes me a grown ass man. I do not need to be lectured about my behavior. Of course I didn't tell my mom this. I'd rather not be a thirty year old man that got slapped by his mother.

"Nathan Giovanni Little," my mother said sternly. I felt like I forgot to mention that I am half Italian. My middle name, Giovanni is from my mother's late uncle Giovanni Cristiano La Rosa. I'm guessing that's where we got our great genes from. Bless the Italians for their flawless appearances. "Boy, don't you interrupt me. You are not too old for me to put you across my lap and whoop your culo." For those of you who don't know, culo means ass in Italian. My mother never cursed in English. I have no idea why that is, but I knew she meant business whenever she used profanity.

"I'm sorry, mamma," I replied. She gave a curt nod before continue where she left off.

"Now, I don't care how much you don't like her and I don't care what she says about me. I will not have my child being disrespectful to any of their elders," she said. She let out a sigh, "Bambino, I know you don't like her and I know she says and do things that a mom should never do." I went to cut her off again for even saying 'mom' in reference to that She-Devil. "Ah, listen to me, Nathan. You cannot say things like that anymore. Your father was very hurt by you and your brother and sister. I'm not telling you to apologize to her, but do apologize to your father. He loves you all very much. Okay, bambino?"

"Okay, mamma. I will," I said, hugging her. I love my mom. She is the absolute best. "But why did dad just call you today? It's been weeks since that dinner."

"David and I went on a trip to visit his sister in Panama. Remember? I told you this two weeks ago," she replied. I must have completely forgot. It's been a crazy three weeks in my opinion. Honestly, what with all the hustle and bustle going on in the office and the emails from Mr. Top, I wasn't shocked that I'd forget something like that.

"Ah, sorry, mamma. I completely forgot. Work has kept me pretty busy," I responded. I watched my mom stand up and walk to the refrigerator. She began to pour more lemonade into my glass.

"So, figlio, have you heard from that mystery man your sister told me about?" she asked. I rolled my eyes, secretly of course. I still don't want to get slapped. My mom hits like a man. And I am not kidding you.

"Yes, ma'am. We've been corresponding through emails these past couple of weeks. You know how I told you Kevin cheated on me?" I asked her. She nodded her head frowning just slightly. "Well, it turns out that my secret admirer is one of the men he was cheating on me with." I took a sip of my lemonade waiting for her gasp.

"No! Bambino! No!" she said. My mom was so overdramatic. "What now, baby?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Nothing. I'm still going to talk to him. He explained to me that he had no idea I even existed."