Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Pic: Kelsey Manning
Kelsey's POV

It has now been exactly one month since my "altercation", if you can even call it that, with Nathan.

I made a rash decision that resulted in me taking a trip to see my parents. I knew my mother would have some idea on how I could fix this growing relationship between Nate and I. I refused to give up on having him for myself. More importantly, I refused to live my life thinking of 'What Ifs'. I love Nate. Nothing and no one will stand in my way, not even myself. I just needed help and that's why I went running to my mum.

My parents normally spent their time on the countryside of East Sussex. During the mid-summer holiday, they made a point to jaunt around the world, constantly. I managed to catch up with the two in Japan and accompanied them to France earlier this week. We were currently enjoying a light breakfast of toasts, croissants, jams, and coffee with the ever so desired Lu Petit Déjeuner. My mum was conveying her opinion of my relationship with Nate.

"À votre bon cœur," she thanked the waiter. He smiled politely before leaving once again. "So," she began. "Should you worry your dear mum more over this Nathan man? Honestly, if he is making you go through all of this just to appease him, maybe you should just let him go. I'd rather you settle down, but not if you have to go so far to prove yourself to a man whom so obviously do not deserve you."

My dad was currently stuffing his mouth with a Nutella covered Lu Petit Déjeuner. My mother saw and slapped it out of his hand.

"You know you are not to consume chocolate, Harold," she scolded him. He only grumbled before picking up toast and adding a bit of apple cinnamon jam.

"Mum, we've been over this a thousand and one times. I love Nate. I'm not going to give him up," I said taking a sip of my coffee. She sighed before giving me a warm smile.

"As you wish, dear. So I suppose you have everything planned and prepared? Remember what I told you. Don't..." I cut her off.

"'Don't rush him. Take your time, allow him to get to know you before doing anything rash'," I quoted her. "Yes mother. I know." She huffed. "And I've already set everything with Drew. He and Nate's nephew are handling everything that needs to be done for my arrival and for Nate. Everything will go to plan. I am sure of it."

"As long as you are confident with your decision," although she said this, she still did not seem so sure herself. "Well, dear, your father and I are rooting for you."

"That we are, sprout," my dad replied. I rolled my eyes at the nickname. After so many years you would think my parents would not still refer to me as a bean sprout. Of course I don't really mind. I chuckled and continued to enjoy my last morning in France with my parents. Hopefully everything will work out. Tomorrow my plan gets put into action.

I'll be home soon, Nathan.

Drew's POV

"Dad!" I yell as he exits the airport. He smiles and swiftly walks in my direction.

"Hey, Kiddo," he said getting into our car. "Good to see you, Roscoe."

"Same to you, boss," Roscoe said before getting into the front seat and driving off in the direction of our house.

"So, is everything prepared?" he asked me.

"Yep! Jayden and I enlisted a bit of help from Mike and Devlin and also Nate's two friends. You have a reservation tomorrow night at seven-thirty at MiMi's. We scheduled to have a bouquet of flowers sent to Nate tomorrow at twelve. Jayden and I went and picked up the suits for both you and Nate. Gram asked me to also make sure you don't forget what she said. Gramps told me to tell you to 'keep your head up, sprout'. And that's pretty much it," I replied, reading from my phone.