Chapter Eight

(Off to the side is a trailer I made for the book. Sorry its not that good but its the first trailer Ive ever made. Feel free to make one if you want too! I don't mind at all.) Pic: Carly Anderson

Chapter Eight

Mysterious Mr. Top's POV

"Drew?!" I yelled once I entered my home. "I'm home!" I searched around looking for my absentee son, still thinking about the way Nathan looked at the office.
I was kind of proud of myself for being so sneaky. Although, I've been told many of times that that is not a quality to boast about. In this case, I would disagree with my mother, and I didn't do that very often.

Walking into the den, I found my son lazing across our couch. How that boy could lay upside down with his legs across the back of the chair while texting is beyond me. Teenagers these days. But then again, he's no longer a teenager and I should probably start treating him as an adult. I refuse to see my little boy as an adult though. Twenty-three years of raising this boy on my own has turned me into a rather protective father. Too bad his mom was too much of a whore to even accept the fact that we had such an amazing boy. I should feel a little guilty for calling her such, but what do you expect from a woman who ruffies a teenager when she herself was thirty years old? Whore is just a nicer word for women like her.

"Drew? What did I tell you about laying on the couch like that?" I heard him smack his lips. He rolled his eyes before sitting up.

I wish I could say my son looked exactly like me, I couldn't take credit for his looks. Although I have nothing but disdain for his birth mother, she was a very attractive woman. My only problems with her was the fact she drugged me and the fact that instead of possessing a penis, she was sporting a vagina under her skirt. Two things I will never enjoy nor approve of.

"Okay smart ass. Who are you even texting with such a creepy, unbecoming smile such as that one?" I asked pointing at his less than attractive smile.

"That all the blood will rush to my head and yada yada yada," he mocked. I walked behind him and smacked him on the back of the head."Anyway, guess who I'm texting," he said enthusiastically.

He seemed a little too enthusiastic for my liking so I knew it couldn't have been Josh, the shit head ex. Boy, was that boy lucky I hadn't sent Roscoe out to handle him. Roscoe would have enjoyed that. He had been with us since Drew was three. His love for Drew only came second to mine.

"I don't know. Is it Kacy?" I asked. Kacy Hubert had been best friends with Drew for years. I think they met in pre-k and it's been nothing but 'Kacy did this' 'Kacy did that' ever since then. Am I jealous of my son's relationship with his best friend? No. Not really. Maybe a little. But what parent doesn't want to be the one their kid runs to with even the slightest bit of information? The parent that admits that they don't care is a parent I would rather not meet.

"No, dad. I don't text Kacy every second of every day," he rolled his eyes. He definitely asks like me. I don't know how I feel about that, however. "Moving on. Its Nate!"

Nate? My Nate? The incredibly delicious looking Nate that I've been infatuated with for nearly two months now? Yes, you read that right. I have been infatuated with Nathan Little far longer than my recent break up with his cheating ex (I've found it to be very hard to even consider Kevin Delano as an ex of mine. Out of respect for Nate and I's almost relationship, I refuse to say I had anything to do with that man).

"What? My Nate?" I asked, slack jawed. I heard Drew's phone ping before he quickly read his text and replied. "Why are you talking to Nate? Where did you find his number? How did you even get it? You better not help him figure out who I am, Andrew Christopher!" I gave him a hard stare. He smirked in return.