ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

New week new update

New week new update. To everyone reading this, Happy Durga Puja! 

I wish earnestly to Ma Durga that Kolkata and entire India be never this sad during Durga Puja or Navaratri. Next year will be better, Ma will come in a Corona free world and bring us happiness.

Subho Bijaya!! 

Asche Bochor Abr Hobe!🌸

________________________________________________________

"We are going to take a car?" I ask, somewhat surprised that he brought a car.

"Do you think we will walk until there?" He scoffs.

"No. . . I don't know." It feels a bit weird. The change is drastic, from a prisoner to his lover. It's a long journey. All the time I have been here, I have been only to the hospital and the Dargah. Every time we walked up there. There were barely any vehicles on the streets except for a bicycle or a scooter or two. At times I felt I had actually time travelled to some ancient century where people would walk long distances to reach their destination. Only thing that kept me from believing that I had indeed time travelled was the superb electronics in Basheer's house.

"Here get in." He says opening the door for me.

I get in, plonking down on the seat, before shifting to make space for Basheer. It's a black maruti. Given my rather lack of knowledge in four wheelers, I can only say that the seats are comfortable, plush. The car engine hums to life as soon as we get in, swaying across the narrow alleyways. The car soon drives onto a wider pitched road.

I stare out of the window, basking in the serenity of the night. I close my eyes momentarily letting the breeze gently flow on my face. For a moment I was taken back to that day in the bus when I came to that camp. My heart grows heavy as Ithink how everything went downhill since that day.

The light touch of Basheer's hand on mine brings me out of my thoughts.

"What are you thinking?" He asks, taking my hand in his and uses his thumb to draw soothing circles.

"Nothing." I whisper, turning to look at him, "The day I came to the camp."

"What are you thinking?" He asks.

"I saw my bus driver that day, just before fainting. I think he was behind the blast and the kidnapping."

He glances towards the driver once before whispering close to my ears, "Do you remember how he looked?" His hold on my hand becomes tighter, painful even.

"N-no. I was sitting at the back. His face is faint in my memory. But I can identify him." I chew on my lips, knowing that it's all useless. Unless he's right in front of me.

"Ohh." He says leaning back on the plush seat and turns to look out the window.

"Do you know why I was kidnapped? If others were also kidnapped?"