ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Second update for this week

Second update for this week. Here you go, lovely people!♡

After our brief conversation, I leave the study with questions swirling my mind. Obviously, they would catch up on my stupid act. I only hoped my stupid act had done something on the other side. I have no access to the telephone or the internet to know about the recent developments. Now that I think about it, I wonder how I lived through all these days without internet and cellphone. Well, I had quite a bit on my plate already.

My cellphone request was turned down, I wonder if he would grant me any access to the internet. As I slump on my bed leaning bacj to rest against the headboard, I can't help wondering if acting meek will really get me home. I might as well get married and settled here at the rate things are progressing.

A flurry of voices followed by a soft but heavy footfall has me sauntering to the door, paving my ears on the door trying to listen to the conversation. I distinctly recognise Basheer's voice followed by a sharp voice but that of a man. There's someone else.

I have never seen anybody come by. Well, taking into consideration that Basheer stayed back in his study, it's no doubt that he was to meet somebody.

What does he do anyway? Fatima mentioned he supplied medicines. In the past few days, he left for someplace. I took it, he was off to work. I wonder if someone can build a house like this by simply supplying medicines.

One kilometres away from this house resides militant camps. I really wonder if his job is as simple as it sounds. My curiosity rises, wanting to eavesdrop on their conversation.

But, there are cameras everywhere. I will have to be stealthy about it. I take a towel and a fresh set of clothes before making my way to Basheer's room. Stopping outside his door, I wait a second before knocking on the door.

Knock!

Knock!

No reply. They aren't here. I quickly make my way inside shutting the door behind me. Luck it is that the study room is just next to his room separated by a thin wall. I pave my ears trying to catch their conversation. Muffled sounds, a distinctly sharp voice and another grave voice, but I cannot make out a single word. If only I had a stethoscope now. My eyes scan the room before I pick up a glass, the only thing I can use. I hold it's mouth to the wall separating us putting my ear on it again.

The sounds are clearer this time.

". . . . died?" A voice that belongs to Basheer asks.

" 2612 from cocaine and 1512 from heroine." Another voice, that is distinctly high pitched states.

Drugs? I knew there was shady business involved.

Is Basheer responsible for these deaths?

"Do you have the report?" Basheer asks.

"Yes." Followed by a shuffling of papers and then everything goes silent.