ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Dedicated to @its_dark_soul_

Dedicated to @its_dark_soul_ . Haven't seen her for a long time. Dedicating Baheer's POV to you.

Enjoy the second update for this week!

Basheer's POV:

"I will just come, don't go anywhere else." I instruct her, as I rush out of the shrine, onto the familiar street. The scrawny man at the flower shop just two shops after the Dargah seems busy showing a flower basket to a woman. From this far, I can't hear what they are saying but there's a horde of customers surrounding his shop. It was empty just a moment ago, while we were coming in.

I need to retrieve information, but I can't go barreling there right now. A breath leaves my body as I take the other route laid down with bricks, lined with shops on either side.

"Come here janab,we have fresh flowers at a very low price."

" No come here, we have the best chaddars for you."

" Why don't you try out the sweets -"

I move past the various vendors, making my way steadily through the narrow lane only to waste my time before I get to that shop. Maybe I should have just come out later. It was utterly stupid of me to come out so soon. But, I can't go back now, only to come out again.

A rather empty shop catches my eye. Rather peculiar to be empty in a crowded street as this. An old man sits there, his face scrunched up in worry as he sees every man passing by his shop without a further glance. Before I can move mine away his eyes catch mine and the hope in them is unmistakable.

Maybe I should just pass by like the others? No one is stopping anyway, why should I?

But the hope in his brown irises reminds me of a certain woman who had looked up at me that way for that cellar although masked my contempt later. My legs move towards the shop as if propelled by a pull and soon I am standing near his shop staring at the wooden crafts. No wonder its empty, people here just buy the necessities, crafts aren't one of them.

" Aiye janab, look at these beautiful-"

His words fade as my eyes catch a particular bracelet, woven with sea-green colored wooden beads, interspersed with multi colored stones. Two to three strings tied together to make it look thicker and wholesome.

" How much is that?" I ask the man pointing to it.

"It's a beautiful choice Sahab. It's a very small price to pay for your woman, just 500 PKR." The old man gushes, his eyes lightning up at the price.

My woman. My chest constricts at the notion. If only. . .

" I will take it." I say as I bring out my purse.

I hand over a 1000 PKR note to the man. But he looks troubled upom seeing the note, " Sahab, I don't often have customers so -"

I cut him off in between as I say, " It's a small price to pay for her. Keep it."