Chapter 15 - Second Guessing Love

Start from the beginning

            “Yeah?” I called over the shower water hitting the tub.

            “When you get out I need to talk to you,” He said.

            “O-Okay,” I stuttered, suddenly nervous and concerned of what he had to tell me. I heard the door again, and the listened to the click as it was closed. What could he need to tell me about? Was he finally going to tell me about where he disappeared to? My heart started pounding in my ears again.

            I finished the shower and got out, drying off and wrapped the towel around my hips. I walked out into the room I was sharing with Niall to get clothes. Niall was lying on the bed, waiting for me.

            “Niall, I have to change,” I said, blushing.

            “I know,” He chuckled, “I’m here for the show,”

            “Niall,” I tried to scold him, but my voice cracked.

            Niall chuckled again and this time he sat up, “C’mon Li, nothing I haven’t seen before,”

            It was a true statement; I had changed in front of Niall before. But not completely. I had never been completely naked. I always had boxers on, or something. I gathered my clothes and turned to him again.

            “Niall,” I said again.

            “Liam,” He mocked.

            “Please, just give me a minute,” I said. Niall groaned and jumped off the bed, walking into the hall. I changed into sweatpants and tee shirt, my pajamas, quickly. “Alright, Niall,” I called. A grumpy looking Nialler came back into the room. “C’mon Niall, don’t be a grump,”

            “I’m not,” He said, giving me a smug look. I couldn’t help but to laugh at his childish attitude. “Stop laughing,” He groaned, falling onto the bed. I jumped into the bed next o him.

            “What did you want to tell me?” I asked.

            Niall was caught off-guard by my topic change, but he sat up and came closer to me, “Liam, I know I have told you this before, but I haven’t said it recently,”

            My heart sunk. He wasn’t going to tell me where he disappeared to.

            “I’m sorry,” He said in a whisper.

            “What?” I asked confused.

            “I’m sorry for what I have done to you,” He said. I had no answer, nothing to say. Does this mean that Niall made the decision to leave? Does this mean that it was his choice? “I love you,”

            I looked up into his blue eyes, loving how sincere they were, but still hating that he couldn’t just tell me. I swallowed and didn’t move, as his lips came closer and closer to mine. When they finally pressed together, I kissed back gently, yet Niall seemed to want something else. He kissed me hard, biting my bottom lip and making me moan. His hands roamed my body, exploring still uncharted territory.

            “Wait,” I struggled to gasp.

            “What?” He asked, pulling back, surprise written on his face.

            “I, uh, I don’t want to do anything we’ll regret later,” I said.

            “Who says I’ll regret it?” He asked.

            “Niall,” I said, blushing, “I can’t be the one to take your virginity,”

            He froze then, and his body started shaking.

            “Niall?” I asked, worriedly.

Niall’s P.O.V.

            The truth was I technically wasn’t a virgin anymore. The two months away had stolen that from me. I shuddered at the thought. My first time shouldn’t have been like that, I wish it hadn’t been like that. But it had. There was nothing I could do about it now.

            “Niall?” Liam asked worriedly.

            “Never mind,” I said, standing and leaving our room. I couldn’t face Liam while thinking about my kidnapper. It made me sick.

            I ran downstairs into the theater room and jumped onto one of the cushions, trying to push the memories from my mind. I turned on the screen, and noticed that I was The Titanic. Louis and Harry must have watched this. I let the movie play, trying to distract myself from my thoughts, but not doing very well. I eventually closed my eyes, and let sleep take me.

Liam’s P.O.V.

            I woke up the next morning alone again, but I didn’t panic. Niall hadn’t slept next to me last night, so I wasn’t surprised that he wasn’t here. I stretched and then glanced to the clock. Shit. I had to get ready for William; he would be here any second. I jumped up and got dressed quickly, washing my face and brushing me teeth. Then I ran downstairs just in time for there to be a knock on the door. I opened it.

            “Liam!” William said, a smile on his face. I smiled back shyly and led him into a side room, that was like an office. I closed the door behind us. “Let’s get started,” William sat on the big chair and left the loveseat for me. I sat down. I wondered randomly where Niall had slept last night. I suddenly became worried.

            “William, can I go check on something really quick?” I asked. William nodded and I ran out the door, running around the house trying to figure out where Niall was and return to William as soon as possible. When I couldn’t find him on the bottom floor I headed upstairs. Then I decided to go see if Zayn had seen him. I pushed into Zayn’s room and opened my mouth, about to ask if Zayn knew where Niall was. But I didn’t need to ask anymore. There was Niall, shirtless, curled up against the body of a shirtless Zayn. My heart shattered. It wasn’t just the scene before me, it was the smile playing on Niall’s lips that broke me. Niall looked happy. I guess I wasn’t special.