:18: The New Kid

(Dedicated To: ilovetheaussies for her amazing idea to include a male best friend for Marley!)

Tuesday morning Marley walked into school with her head held high. Spending yesterday with the girls had given her the confidence boost that she had so badly needed. She heads to her locker with a smile on her face and pulls it open. She hears someone beside her but doesn't really think anything of it. Until the person accidentally bumps into her locker door they look at her wide eyed and quicky apologize.

Marley turns and smiles softly curious when she sees someone she doesn't recognize. "It's alright. Are you okay?" She asks tilting her head a little. The guy laughs nervously but nods. "Yeah, Thanks. Sorry about hitting your locker" He replies and Marley shrugs casually. "Are you new here?" She asks and he nods again "Yeah, Names Hayden" He says softly "Marley" She replies before shaking his hand.

Marley and Hayden walk down the hall together. It was almost like an instant click between the two. Not a romantic one, but an instant friendship. Marley asked Hayden about the things he enjoyed and he was more then happy to share his interests with her while they walked to class. "Music is my biggest thing. I've been learning since I was young. Started out on piano then I got into drums and guitars. Basically anything I can play I will I love learning new songs it's a lot fun and challenging at the same time" He explains as they step into class.

Neither of them notice Ryder or Jake glaring as they sit together and keep the conversation going. Most of class they spent talking quietly and Marley couldn't believe how much alike they were. She wasn't able to play the stuff he could but he was interested in a lot of the same music as her. And he had come from a not so wealthy family as well.

During lunch Marley introduced him to all of her friends. Kitty developed an instant crush but Marley remained platonic about him just happy to finally have a guy friend to talk to. Her and Kitty filled him in on Jake and Ryder in case they tried getting to him. Kitty flirted with him and he flirted back but still paid close attention to Marley when she talked.

The school day seemed to fly by with her new friend and she walked him to the club room after learning he had joined when he first signed up for school here. He sat with her and Kitty for the class. Sam introduced him to everyone and most everyone welcomed him openly except the two frustrated boys sitting in the back of class who nobody paid attention to. Everyone was to eager to get to know the new kid and to see what his talents were.

Sam suggested he sing for the class which he was willing to do he also played the piano himself giving the usual pianist a break and he had an amazing voice plus his musical abilities were great. Everyone enjoyed his performance and Marley was beyond excited to have another person to sing with and talk to.