:15: Night-Time Visitor

The girls were sound asleep by now. It was around 2 in the morning and Marley heard an odd noise outside of the house. She woke Wearily and looked around to see everyone else still peaceful and asleep. She carefully got up making sure she didn't wake anyone and she went out the front door with a blanket round her and looked around the front yard. It was pitch black aside from the light at the door. She stepped out and shut it behind her a little afraid to be checking this out by herself.

She steps a little away from the door and peaks round to the side biting her lip softly. She doesn't see anyone maybe it had just been the wind? She screams in surprise when a hand touches her shoulder another covers her mouth and she's spun around. She looks wide eyed at Jake her breathing heavy out of fear. He shushes her and peaks into the window to make sure she didn't wake anyone else with her scream.

"Are you insane?!" She whispers harshly moving a hand over her heart. He laughs softly motioning to the swing on the porch. She follows and sits beside him curled in the blanket. "What are you doing here?!" She demands looking at him a little mad and confused. "Wanted to see you" He replied with a shrug as if it was a normal situation.

"You could have waited till morning! Not scare the crap out of me." She scolds with a pout one he obviously finds cute because he laughs again. "Sorry, I didn't want to wait. Not after I saw you and Ryder talking in the hall. I go worried he may have made a move and beat me out" He admits and Marley sighs shaking her head softly.

"He wasn't making a move Jake. He was being kind and understanding. He knows that I'm not dating this year because it's about me. I'm being selfish this year Jake because I want more then this. I deserve more then this. I'm not going to date either of you. I'm focusing on me and my future. Ryder said he wanted to be my friend. He would rather have me in his life as friends then nothing at all" Marley explains in one breath with her arms crossed.

Jake laughs softly "You really think he wants to be friends Marley? He's good I'll give him that. Being friends gives him an excuse to be around you. Gives him more of a chance to win you over. It's a smart plan, but he's still gonna lose" Jake states proudly and Marley rolls her eyes before standing up.

"NOBODY is winning Jake. I'm not playing anyone's stupid games this year! I want to be happy Jake. I want my friends! I want to focus on my future. This is my LAST year to enjoy myself. Could you please stop trying to ruin this for me?!" Marley snaps by accident feeling hurt that Jake continues to push the situation. She storms back into the house and shuts the door behind her securing the lock into place tears welling in her eyes as she stands leaned on the door.

"Marley?" Kitty asks her voice filled with sleep. Marley quickly wipes her eyes on the blanket to hide that she was crying* "S-Sorry, Did I wake you?" Marley asks concerned for her friend. Kitty walks over with a soft sigh and hugs Marley close to her. "I heard you two talking Marley... It's one of the only times I've heard you raise your voice. I know none of this is easy because of how you feel, but you're not alone. You've got me and the other girls and you know we'll do whatever it takes to keep you strong" Kitty speaks softly caringly. Marley cries on her shoulder feeling so torn inside about everything.

The other girls join when they hear the commotion and Santana and Mercedes go outside to find Jake but he's gone. Both girls wanted nothing more then to punch him silly for hurting her. Instead they pack to talk on Monday now they were surrounding Marley for comfort and she was beyond grateful for them.