Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"Erwin has told me to brief you on the following," Levi started. We had finally halted in front of Wall Rose. Just like always, we all circled around him and obediently listened. "There will be a scouting mission outside of the walls in two weeks time. Until then, we will be training rigorously to prepare."

"Outside of the walls?" Eren exclaimed, he had a wide grin. "This is going to be amazing!"

"I'm glad you think that Eren, seeing as you will be doing more experimenting with Hanji until then." Levi added. 

"Shit, never mind. Keep that psycho away from me!" Eren yelled.

"Watch it." I warned from where I stood across from him. 

My teeth were slightly bared as I glared at him, my defensive side had been provoked. 

He gave me an apologetic smile, then remained quiet as he stared down at the ground. 

"Split into pairs. Horseface, sit out with Y/N." Levi ordered. 

"What?" Jean asked, fear stretched across his face as he shifted his gaze from Levi to me. 

What are you doing Levi?

I rolled my eyes and thumped down on the grass, then started patting the ground next to me. I wiggled my eyebrows at Jean.

"You heard him, get your ugly ass over here." I yelled. 

Hesitantly, Jean started to limp over towards me. I shot him an evil grin as he sat beside me, leaving a huge gap between us. 

"Don't worry, this doesn't count as you annoying me. I understand it was an order." I whispered to him. 

Jean nodded slowly and replied, "Good."

We both sat and watched as each pair sparred with each other. Running through their different attacks and counters. 

Jean sat stiffly beside me the whole time, worried that I was going to have an outburst and lunge for him. 

I smiled at the thought. 

But sadly for him, I only had eyes for one man.

---

Much time had passed, maybe an hour or so. Everyone was panting and drenched in sweat as they begged the Captain to finish training. 

"Tch, weaklings." He responded, shaking his head.

I caught the sight of my mark on his neck once again, almost glowing against his pale skin. I knew that many others had to have seen it, but no one dared to mock Levi or point it out. 

Well, no one other than Hanji of course.

"Sparring is over. Now we are going to go back into the city to practice using your ODM gear." Levi instructed. 

Many people groaned, especially Eren. Levi ignored them all and began to walk towards town, but he stopped abruptly. 

"Horseface, can you even use ODM gear?" He asked over his shoulder.