Feistily Thorny

Never was Isabella going to make a mistake of going out with Zach.

Unfortunately, she had thought the elevator being stuck in the middle of two floors would cause her to delay that sordid date but that hadn't been the case.

Zach somehow managed to come to pick her up and before she could tell him of her decision, he had taken her to some bar where he ordered a round of drinks and some dinner. Later that evening, he spoke nonstop about things which she didn't remember and when he leant in to kiss her at the end of the night, she made a hasty turn of her cheek and made him drop a sloppy peck which she rubbed away later.

Thanksgiving was close. So the office was off for four days. She had nowhere to be. On Saturday, she picked up her laundry and cleaned and scrubbed her office before she locked it and would revisit it at the end of this holiday.

On Sunday, she did grocery shopping which entailed buying ginger ale, coke and red wine. Also slapping some cereal boxes, those sugary ones and cartons of milk. She usually had take-out dinner or made sandwiches which reminded her to buy a loaf of bread and some turkey ham.

Monday, she slept till the sun was shivering with her at the top of the sky and since she couldn't bring herself out of bed, she managed to sneak in an Archies' comic book which she had in her secret stash of comics under her bed. Looking at the typical drama between the all the more typical love triangle, she fantasized how it would be to be fought over for. Then again, she didn't want any trouble.

Her eyes dropped and then, slumber took over till she woke up at next noon. Isabella decided she didn't want to wallow anymore. Having a shower would have been a splendid idea but a bath was more promising. Dropping her favorite citrus soap liquid into the steaming water in her tub, she got naked and dunked herself.

"Ahh..." Her arms and legs soaked and tendered to the warmth of the water and the smell of orange sealed the deal of today's last lounge day. Lazing in her house with a glass of wine and she thought of ordering two boxes of hot-wings was definitely a good way to end this day.

It was Tuesday evening, snow flakes dropping like silver crystals outside her window.

She had herself a sweet open spaced studio. A wide open kitchen and her single huge purple sofa stretched before her wide black screen TV.

Down the hall, among the guest bathroom lead to her one bedroom that was big and comfortable enough to have her four poster purple and white sheets covered bed and her closet at the side with her personal bathroom.

All in all, nothing to complain and she also got a great view of New York as always.

As she waited for her order, she skimmed through the movies showing up on Netflix. Most her movies were animated. She always loved it but today she had this urge to watch some thing filthy. This unknown craving of sex has been filling up most of her empty days when she didn't work. Truth be told, it was a pain in the ass.

When the buzzer rang, sex forgotten and she sprung up to get to her wallet. Fiddling through it, she made her way to the door. Keeping her head down as she calculated the bills and cents, she opened the door and held out her hand for the delivery guy to place her take out bag.

Only it remained empty.

"Already paid. Now, move."

Her head jerked up at the sound of his familiar voice. There, on the other side of the threshold lay Marcelo in the comfort of his black round neck black t-shirt which he wore and on top of it, a black jacket and black baggy basketball shorts where his legs were toned and fine dusting of black hair drew down to black socks and those orange neat sneakers.