Violently Realizing

They were awake but none took the next step to move or say anything. They listened to each one's breaths. The soothing and tensed motion of her chest going up and down and the calm yet terse position of his body with subtle movements that made him breathe each ripple of air and she was aware to each of them.

Lying next to her, Marcelo could not help but think about last night's events. Best Christmas Eve he ever spent in his life. Feeling her like that was ...different. He gulped, feeling an unknown sensation cover his chest cavity.

"I wanted to ask," his voice sounding scratchy and ridiculously deep. "And I'm not asking this in any way to offend you ...but did your mother did what she did in order to-feed you?"

Isabella tensed at the abrupt subject. She hadn't thought that would be the subject he'd bring up. She answered right away. "Feed me? I never saw a penny."

"Right." He didn't speak for moment after that.

What was he thinking now? She couldn't figure. Unable to take it, she asked him. "Why would you ask that suddenly?"

Marcelo held his breath. He should just say it. He should be honest so like a band aid he let it rip it out in a quick jiffy. "I did a background check on you and I saw that your mother did have an escort service which made her do the things you saw her do in order to pay the bills and-"

"Hold on a freaking minute-" She got up haphazardly only to notice herself bare like a new born and how she tried to stop his eyes from getting heated as she tugged on peach colored robe from her drawer. Tying the silk ropes around her, she folded her hands across her chest. "You are telling me, you did a background check on me?! Are you out of your goddamn mind? You cross the line here! You had no right!"

He was already sitting up, the sheets falling over his lap. There was no mistaken of the huge tent being prominent as ever in her eye level and she made it a point to ignore the ignition rising within her.

"Wait. Cross the line? Baby doll, we have crossed too many lines here already. I think we are way past those barriers last night."

"I'm not talking about last night!" She snapped. "Even though what happened shouldn't have happened-"

"It did happen." He butted in.

"-Nevertheless, having a background check on me crosses a very personal boundary line in my book!" She finished.

"You know you always do this." He shook his head and began to move out of the sheets. The taut buttock glimmered in the beautiful dawn that shone through her bedroom window.

"Do what?" She said absentmindedly.

Marcelo picked up his pants from the floor, tugging them up. "You create some sort of drama after we kiss or touch. I don't get it. I'm always the one coming after you and-"

"You are engaged to some one else, you ignorant asshole!" She caught the next thing close to her-a pillow, and threw it smack at his face. "You don't get to tell me anything! You don't turn this around on me! Drama! I create drama! When you told me you wanted me, the drama started right then and there! So if anyone started drama, it was you!" Another pillow went flying across the room only this time he caught it.

His jaw flexed and his stare was intent on her. "I know that. I bloody know that! But you don't know the half of what I'm going through."

"That's because you refuse to let me in! I have gotten nothing from you. Absolutely nothing! Why are you marrying her? You won't tell me. Are you in love with her? Not a word from that damn mouth of yours. But you having sex with her is something you love to discuss, don't you? You egomaniacal bloody bastard!"