Seemingly (Not) Proper

"So where will you be?" Pamela's voice carried across the room as Marcelo changed into a maroon shirt.

"It's a business dinner." That's all he would give her. Did he feel guilt when he lied to her? Marcelo didn't know because he didn't want to find out. If it was guilt, it was probably because of revoking his father.

Buttoning up he faces Pamela, who was narrowing her gaze upon him but if looked closely, Marcelo could see a slight amount of relief in them. Is she meeting up with Zach? Probably. Taking his keys and wallet, he moves pass her and walks to the front door.

"Merry Christmas, Marcelo."

He pauses on the handle of the door. He didn't know what was in her voice but it caught him. Were they really not going to have an argument over the fact that they were spending Christmas Eve without each other? Does she know he was cheating on her as she was? All these unwanted questions were giving him a headache, so he resigned by saying softly. "Merry Christmas to you too."

Shutting the door behind him, he lays out his breath. Quickly he moves to his jeep and backs out of the parking and speeding to Isabella's apartment. All the way he thought of their last encounter. She had opened up a little. Giving him scraps but still they were the fresh flesh of her inner self. Marcelo didn't know why he was curious about her but he wanted to feed his hunger about her and her life. He never met anyone so up lipped about everything. So secretive.

He didn't know if he liked it or not, but it was definitely a strange eagerness turning on. But then again, didn't he have his own fair of secrets?

Reaching her place took less than ten minutes which was good thing because if the snow was hitting hard anytime soon he didn't want to get stuck on the road. Also the fact, he might even have a reason to stay behind at her place. A seductive smirk played on his lips as he took the red wrapped with black ribbon gift into his hand. A little home present. Well, it's more of a personal gift. He had a feeling she would be enthused by it.

Taking the elevator, he patiently waited and stopped at her floor. Striding to her door, he rang her buzzer twice before settling himself. Why was he bloody nervous? He didn't have a time to ponder on that when Isabella opened the door, Marcelo tried not to let his mouth fall.

She wore a sleeveless spaghetti strap velvet cami dress which had a rutched front wrap. Her collar bones was open and lovingly bare and her slim arms all shown and silky. The neckline deep enough to show the curve of her cleavage. Her hair was open and straight. Simple makeup with a light red lipstick running on her lips. Did she dress up for me?

"You look....ravishing." He gulped a couple times, as she allowed him to enter. When Isabella closed the door, she turned only to be taken aback by how close Marcelo was.

"It's going to take a lot of nerve and will to keep my hands from rucking up your skirt." He leaned down and inhaled her neck. "Fuck, you smell like sex waiting to happen."

Isabella squeezed her thighs and her hands clenched into a fist. Okay, maybe she did go an extra mile on putting an effort in her appearance. In fact, she did more than put an effort.

When Marcelo swiveled, he paused. Taking in the small white Christmas tree at the corner she had put up and decorated. Christmas ornaments hung from each branch and lights flickered, twirling around it. A gold star stood at the top and around the room, she just hung up lights. She didn't go overboard but just to put out the feel of Christmas cheer in here. Whatever Christmasy feel she tried bring.

"I hope you are hungry." She said, politely. Lord, she was shaking inside. Folding her hands together to stop the slight tremor, she tilted her head to the dinning table across the room. "I have prepared roasted red potatoes and baked Ham with brown sugar glaze and for dessert, since I got tired I just made gingerbread man cookies."