42: Eternal Love

She woke with a stir. The morning light poured through the sheer drapes that hardly covered the elongated windows. Liz's eyes peeled open slowly, the brightness stinging her senses as she glanced around the room. As she took a deep breath, a steady arm coiled tighter around her midsection. The contact of their fingers brought further awareness to her mind.

"Goodmorning, darling," Loki muttered huskily in her ear. She felt his lips graze her neck before lightly kissing her skin once, then twice, then a few more times. Liz sighed and shifted onto her other side, now facing Loki... her husband. His green eyes sparkled down at her and she caressed his lips gently with her own. The kiss was smooth and delicate. Liz didn't want to smother this beautiful wake-up call.

She smiled coyly against his mouth.

"Goodmorning." Loki's fingers drew countless amounts of shapes on her hip, sometimes lingering on her bare skin before starting up again. The two of them preferred to sleep nude. They usually ended up that way anyway per nightly activities.

"You seemed to have slept well." He examined Liz's face as his eyes danced across her features. She did the same, passing from his lips to his cheeks to his hair. Her fingers were brushing through his locks before she knew it, reveling in the feel of the action and taking her time as she did so. Everything about him was perfect to her. She loved him more than anything.

"Is that so?" He grunted in response as she continued to play with his hair. Before getting to know him, she'd never thought Loki to be someone of shown affection. He'd always seemed rather reserved and distant, but she wasn't disappointed when her assumptions proved wrong. After becoming a public item, he showed Liz off at all moments possible. It made her feel good knowing he was so proud to call her his, and she appreciated that he was fond of showing his affections towards her.

Liz loved to play with Loki's hair, whether to just run her fingers through it or braid small strands when bored. This happened many times, especially in the private library where Liz usually sat examining Loki as he studied his spell books and read his favorite novels. Loki would do the same to her, and even passed that on to their daughter, Odette. In turn, Odette also liked to do her father's hair and make him 'pretty'. It was Odette that pushed Loki to learn how to braid, even if it was just a simple three-strand creation. Their son, Orion, preferred more physical activities, like sword fighting with cardboard swords and playing with his favorite Uncle Thor.

"Yes." Liz traced a lazy finger along his jawline.

"Well it's pretty easy to fall asleep when you've been wrung dry of orgasms, don't you think?" Loki chuckled lowly before pecking your temple.

"My queen deserves nothing less."

"I would hope not," She said sarcastically as she raised one leg over Loki's hip and rested on top of him, their bare chests connected. "After all the shit I've gone through for you, you would think I deserve the world." Loki cocked a brow at her as he trailed his hands along the sides of her body. Liz smirked gently down at him. "Lucky for me, you're my world." She kissed his nose softly before rising from the bed and walking to the closet, not bothering to cover herself with a sheet. Loki watched her with wondrous eyes as she opened and closed drawers. He hasn't noticed Liz caught him staring.

"What?" She asked absently. He let his gaze roam over her naked body, or rather blessing it by her blinding beauty. Even after giving him two blessing children she was the most stunning woman he'd ever seen. Never once had he grown tired of her and neither would he ever in the future.

"You're a marvelous creature, Elizabeth." She hummed with a smile as she waltzed aimlessly to one of the large pillars in the middle of the room.

"I have to be. How else am I supposed to keep you entertained?"