22: The True Acts of Cheshire

Oh, do you know what you got into?

Can you handle what I'm 'bout to do?

'Cause it's about to get rough for you

I'm here for your entertainment

For Your Entertainment - Adam Lambert

Loki stalked childishly back to the main room, a large, open concept hall with a long line of scattered stripper poles and one main stage. While it didn't bother him all that much to see exposed women dancing sexually, it did bother him that Liz would soon be one of those people. His mind swarmed with anger and jealousy when he thought about other men touching and seeing her. It made him the most possessive he'd ever been, and if Liz was actually serious about going through with this twist of events, there would be some major consequences. And not just for her, but himself. Loki wasn't sure if he'd be able to handle seeing her showing off for other people. He'd much rather have had a private seminar where she danced especially for him with nobody else around. But aside from his disapproval, he understood her plan. Those men she'd referred to weren't the relatively small, to say the least; she'd be lucky to take down three of them. Then he remembered Liz's words from two weeks ago. They rang in his ears. You underestimate me too much.

He didn't want to admit that, though. After all, she was nothing more than a mortal woman whereas he was a god. It was practically expected that he underestimates her. Loki hadn't so much as taken a seat before the lights dimmed dramatically and the booming bass of music subsided to a low hum. He was able to get a front-row seat directly in the center of the main stage. In the middle of the stage stood a shining pole, majestic in all its glory as it waited. An announcer's voice echoed throughout the building, capturing everyone's attention and drawing them to the main stage where spotlights illuminated it.

"We have a special guest just for you lovely people tonight," The DJ called out as he clicked a button and a specific song began playing. The spotlights cut out as neon lights whisked around the room and over the stage. More people filed in to watch the limited edition performance, including the men from the VIP suite, Loki noticed. He tried to keep his facial expressions as limited as possible, especially since he knew this was important to Liz. "Introducing the most captivating young woman you will ever meet in your life; alumni of our delicious selection of women," Loki's eyes were drawn to a shadowed figure near the back of the darkened stage. It drew him in, caught his attention and sparked his curiosity. As a stream of neon light flashed over it, he noticed the figure of a woman. Her skin glowed with different arrays of colorful light. And then he caught the steely gaze of gold eyes, fluid and sparkling through the slits in their mask, a solid design that looked like it had been stolen from a masquerade. It was pure black and accentuated the fierceness of her eyes.

She was looking at him.

"The one, the only, Cheshire!" The spotlights returned and all eyes were on the woman perched on the stage. Loki's eyes trailed along the curves of her body all the way from her dazzled-up stilettos to her burgundy red hair. His gut clenched when he noticed her attire; a sexy strapped harness crop-top and matching panties.