29: Steamy Conversations

You got me hooked up on the feeling

You got me hanging from the ceiling

Got me up so high I'm barely breathing

So don't let me go

Gangsta - Kahlani

Liz wandered aimlessly around the castle after parting from her conversation with Heimdall. An older woman showed her to her room shortly after they bid their goodbyes and led her down a grand hallway. It seemed like everything about this palace was grand, though.

She tried recalling the directions that the polite maid had given her. Liz was on her way to the heated pool located in the castle. The maid, who she'd come to know as Eydis, told her that the pools were only used by the royalty, and hardly ever used for that matter, so there shouldn't be a problem with taking it for herself.

Liz opened a lightweight door and peeked her head inside. The rush of humid air that rushed toward her was comforting, to say the least, and she soon realized that this was the right place. She closed the door behind her hastily as she glanced around the room. Just as Eydis had told her, no one was here but her. She walked closer to the emerald pool, her bare feet molding to the rock floor that also caved the water into the confined space. Steam rose from the crystal water and brushed against her cheeks. With one last cautious glance around the room, she removed her clothes and undergarments, then quickly padded down the stone steps and submerged into the warm water. It relaxed her as she moved fluidly to the rim of the pool and sat on a surprisingly smooth ledge. Liz tipped her head back and let her hair flow around her face in a halo, then ran her hands over her face. The water caught onto her eyelashes in little droplets.

Suddenly there was a small noise that sounded from the entrance, a creaking of hinges

Suddenly there was a small noise that sounded from the entrance, a creaking of hinges. Her eyes widened.

The door.

Liz whipped her head to the side with shock and fear, her arms instinctively moving to cover herself as she also moved to wade deeper in the water. At least that way the steam would adhere as camouflage over her naked body.

Her grey eyes clashed with emerald green orbs and she sighed with utmost relief.

Liz scoffed under her breath. "Of course you'd arrive at the worst possible time," she sneered. Her eyes traveled along his body. He was only in a towel. She felt her core clench as she noticed the growing bulge underneath the fabric covering him. Damn. Loki seemed to almost laugh, though it was more of a snicker to himself as he advanced farther into the sauna.

"I must admit," He called over the noisy steam. "You seem to be tempting me in many more ways than originally planned." Her eyes narrowed on him as he wandered over to where her clothes lay on the floor. He shook his head. "The one time I decide to come here and you're already bathing and wet in the smoldering water." Liz bit the inside of her cheek and fought to control the natural urge to invite him in with her.