Luna

Luna was covered in a thin layer of sweat. Probably from the room having too many bodies in it. Many different types of fairies danced in the dim night club. Some had skin like bark, scales or leather. Some were tall or short, sparkly or matte, pink or green. But they were moving their bodies to the music. Like they were all in sync. Luna might have joined in with the crowd if she weren't about to cut a man's head off.

 She hadn't been in the city of Velaris for at least 200 years now.  Not since her 9th birthday. Not since that day... She shuttered as if she could shake off the memories. It's been a long time since then but physically she's only aged to 18. Fae Immortality is to thank for that. And being dead for a while...

Walking through the club, she scanned the room, pushing her way through people. She was assigned the task of capturing someone from the royal family of the Night Court. And she would do it. She would do anything for her freedom. But that would be a job for tomorrow. Because tonight, she wanted to kill a certain gentlemen who had screwed over Lexiandra a few centuries ago. 

Lexiandra happened to be her bestfriend. Well, she was her bestfriend... Now that Luna was back in Velaris for the first time since the night everything went to shit....She would find Lexiandra and bring her Cal's head. 

Cal Remux, an illyrian prick who happened to be dancing with two fairies all over him. She chuckled. Oh this was too easy. And he wouldn't be able to recognize her at first. Not with her hood covering her face. But the dark fighting suit might give away that she wasn't a friend. Dancing, he glanced at her across the room. He stood with arrogance and his cropped brown hair seemed to make his face look even more slender. 

But then he froze and his face paled. It was her eyes that gave her away. They were so vibrant that they almost glowed. The one thing visible in the darkness that could haunt you forever. They were so piecing, so bright, so...Violet. 

Cal didn't waste any time. He began sprinting to the other side of the club, looking for any exit. The girls beside him noticed and gaped at him. They probably thought it must've been them. Luna just continued to walk toward  him without a care in the world and when she neared the girls she just winked. One blushed, the other did not.

Luna only began sprinting when Cal had found an exit. She was not going to let him get away. Not this time. She ran through bodies swaying in the music. She bumped into a female that seemed particularly strong. She only made eye contact for a split second. But that's all it took for her to know who she was. Feyre Archeron. The High Lady of the Night Court. Also her sister in law if you want to get technical. 

She quickly averted her eyes and continued running to the exit and into the cold.

-----

Feyre had only seen eyes like that on one other person. But it couldn't be.  It was impossible. But something in her told her to follow. And so she did. 

-----

The leather-like material of Luna's suit made a slight sound as she ran in the cold night. It was raining so heavily that she beginning to regret wearing a tight suit. It would be hell to take off later. Cal had backed into an alleyway between two apartment buildings. It also happened to be a dead end.  He could fly away if he wanted to. But he had led her here on purpose. He thought it was a game. One that he would win. 

"I thought the Spring Court gutted you." Cal hissed.

"Oh they did...But the cauldron owed me a favour... I'm back now." Luna retorted, speaking as if they were inquiring about the weather.

That was a lie. The cauldron owed no one favours.

"No one can just come back from death. You are no god Luna." Cal said as he pulled out a dagger from his waist.

"Who said anything about the gods?" Luna said smiling as she unsheathed a dagger from her thigh. 

They sprinted toward each other and he moved his knife toward her face. She slid underneath his arm and kicked his feet causing him to stumble back only for a few seconds. But it only took her two seconds to hit his head with hers making him fly back into the side of a building. She neared him. He managed to get up and swing at her. He also managed to hit her a few times and stab her in her left arm. 

But she had him pinned now. She took out another dagger and put one in each wing. He cried out. But the rain drowned out any of his screams. 

"I'm going to enjoy killing you Cal." Luna said with a deadly stare.

"Wait! Please! Stop!" A woman screamed.

Luna whipped her head and Cal quickly tore out each dagger and shot up into the sky.

"NO!" Luna yelled looking up at the sky as Cal became nothing more than a dot in the sky.

She was so angry that she hadn't even realized she threw a dagger that she picked up from the ground.  Towards the High Lady of the Night Court.

She also hadn't realized that in a matter of seconds her entire inner circle was surrounding them. Which included the the High Lord, Rhysand.

Her older brother.

Author's Note:

Hi! Next chapter is in a few days! Thanks for reading! xoxo

-S