달빛 (Moonlight)

3rd pov

"Hyunjae, Sangyeon, someone ratted them out." Younghoon yells with Jacob running with him down the hall. "I was in the school's group chat, and some students said they saw Hyunjin using her sister's laptop to post with a gossip account."

"Tell the others that we'll meet you on the roof after class. Bring Hyunjin with you." Younghoon and Jacob nods as they ran back to the group.

Later that day, they all gathered on the roof. Younghoon and Jacob walk in with Hyunjin behind them.
"Introduce yourself." Sangyeon tells Hyunjin.
"I'm Hyunjin. I posted the rumor." She said in a relax tone and stance. Elli walks up to her, looking at her dead in her eyes. Elli body and eyes were lit with fire. She had the urge to punch Hyunjin, but Eric held her back. She'll win if you hit her. Eric thought, hoping his sister can tell with his eyes. Elli nods as she takes a step back.
"Weak." Hyunjin said, setting Elli off. Elli lunges towards Hyunjin, punching her face. Before Elli could get another hit in, Haknyeon stopped her as Elli's eyes become glossy.

"Why? Why did you do it?" Elli exclaimed towards Hyunjin as she pats her bloody lip.
"I did it because I wanted Haknyeon. I thought if I posted that I was in a relationship with him, and you were in relationship someone else. He would rethink things, and choose me."
"Who is the male friend of yours?" Haknyeon asks Hyunjin.
"The only one that has loved Elli for more than just half year. He told me he shoot his shot, but my little boy toy had to steal this brat away from him." At that moment, Haknyeon became furious. Gunho. Haknyeon stormed off the roof.
"Keep Hyunjin here. Juyeon, Kevin, Chanhee, and Changmin, come with me." Elli says as they chase after Haknyeon.

"Gunho!" Haknyeon yelled at the Gunho as he was getting out of the bathroom. Haknyeon ran up and threw a punch towards Gunho, causing him to stumb back a bit. Before Haknyeon could throw another punch, he heard Elli.
"Haknyeon! Stop!" She tells him im English as she runs and hugs the taller. "He wants you to hit him, so I could see you doing something bad, and hate you for it. That's what he wants." Elli whispers to Haknyeon holding his face to focus on only her.
"Grab him, guys." Elli told the others as she holds Haknyeon in her arms. They all headed back to the roof with Hyunjin's partner-in-crime.

"We got him." The others turn to see Gunho with blood on the corner of his mouth. Haknyeon and Elli stay in back, far away from the two people that tried to ruin their relationship.
"Now you two did all of this, just to get them to stop dating?" Eric asks the two. They nod, not looking away. "This is the reason they don't like you. You're obsessive. Being obsessive is not a pretty look on anyone." The two smirk.
"You're pretty cute. You know that?" Hyunjin says to Eric, chuckling. This made Elli and Eric's blood boil.
"Here's what's going to happen. You two are going to stay away from us and clean up your mess, okay. Stay out of our lives, and we won't destroy yours." Eric says scaredy calm. "If you don't stay out of our lives, I will personally get you transferred." The two nod their head, respecting his confidence.

After the confrontation, Gunho and Hyunjin was put on watch by the college, deleted the post and apologized online. Meanwhile, Elli and Haknyeon were bickering frequently which had turned into arguing sometimes. It went from once-in-a-while, to weekly to daily. It started to become stressful for the two as finals were in two months.

"Elli, come on. It was nothing."
"Haknyeon. One white lie can turn into multiple. I've already told you not to lie to me." The two walk into the empty apartment.
"I just wanted to hang out with THEBOYZ." Haknyeon sits on the couch tired from fighting.
"Then tell me. Instead of going out, getting drunk and ignoring for the entire night." The shorter runs her hands through her hair. "I thought you left me." He looks at her.
"I'm not your parents. I won't selfishly up and leave you as you head to bed." Selfishly. This one word pierces Elli's heart. Her eyes begin to tear up out of fustraction and tiredness.
"Shut. The. Fuck Up." Elli grinds her teeth. "They did not do it 'selfishly' as you put. They left me and Eric so we didn't have to relocated our entire lives. They left their children to make sure they could still provide for us. They still called and texted us. We kept in contact. We were a family with distance in between us. You have no right to call what my parents did as selfish." A thought runs in the short's head.

The thought of breaking up ran across both of their minds.
"I'm staying with THEBOYZ. We should give each other some space." Elli nods at Haknyeon's suggestion, knowing they needed it. They saw each other everyday and everynight. Couples need space from each other sometime. And that's okay.

Haknyeon walks out the house as Eric walks in the shared bed room.
"What's wrong?" Elli looks at Eric and sighs heavily.
"We fought again." Eric brushes it offf at first.
"You guys can get through it. I know you can."
"I think we might take a break." Eric stops in his tracks. He looks at Elli's face more closely. Seeing her glossy eyes, he sits her down on her bed.

"What makes you say that?"
"We've been fighting ever since our relationship was challenged. We both have been studying for exams. We supposed be wanting to see each other at the end of a tiring day, not wanting to run away from each other." Eric holds his older sister's hands.
"Listen, you need go talk to him. As soon as possible." Elli shales her head.
"I don't know. I'm gonna turn in early." Eric nods, not wanting to push the older.
"I'm here if you need someone just to keep your company." He tells her as she gathers her clothes.
"Thank you, Eric. For everything."
"Anytime, Elli." Elli leaves the room with her chest that was a little bit less heavy.

The next day, Elli went to a café near their places with Q, Sunwoo and Eric.
"The thought of breaking up just came across our mines while fighting. I think the whole event took a mental toll on us." The three boyz look at her with worry.
"Breaking up because of the event or each other?" Q asks a scared Elli.
"The event, I guess. Since it only started after then."
"Then why break up with him? Just talk about how the event is affecting you. He'll understand." Sunwoo tells Elli reassuringly as Eric holds her hand.
"Everything will be okay." Eric tell his older sister, comforting her. Elli thanks the boyz as they start to talk about other things.

At the same time, Haknyeon meets up with Juyeon, Kevin and New at a park after classes.
"We might take a break." Kevin shook his head no.
"If you two take a break, then it's all over. No one can come back from true break." The other two nod.
"Well, with everything that has happened and is going on recently, it's stressing us. And we're not relieving that stress with each other, it adding even more stress. What do I do?" Haknyeon drops his head into his hands, terrified that this could be the end of them.
"

Hey, everything is going to be okay. There's nothing wrong with your relationship, you two just need to talk a bit. Conmuication is key in any relationship, regardless if it's romantic or platonic." New says as he pats Haknyeon's back. Juyeon and Kevin agreed and comforts Haknyeon.

Later that day, Elli and Haknyeon agreed to meet up at the lake from their last date. The sun was setting, creating a golden atmosphere as the sun reflected off the water.
"I'm sorry." The couple said in unison. They chuckle and blush as they look away.
"Everything has been a lot. I thought maybe if we took a break, everything will be okay." Elli says with worry in her voice. Haknyeon grabs hold of her hand.
"If we take a break, nothing will be the same. Let's just recharge with each other, and talk about our feeling if we need to. We don't have to be afraid anymore. We have each other. Okay?" Elli nods as she puts her head on his shoulder.

They talk about their feeling during and after the event. They comfort each other, and they promise to not keep thing bottled up. Whether they tell each other or their friends, doesn't matter, as long as they feel better.

They will feel better, together.

"내 눈에 네가 비춰 (Baby you're so beautiful)/내 맘에 너를 담아 (Baby let me know)/너와 나 둘이 이 순간 모든 게 멈춰"

"You reflect in my eyes (Baby you're so beautiful)/I fill my heart with you (Baby let me know)/You and me, just us two, everything stops in this moment"

- GOT7's "Moonlight (달빛)"