Not Too Late?

Korean, English

Elli's pov

As I throw on my black High School Senior sweater over my outfit, I get a text. I grabbed my phone, looking at it as I walked to the kitchen to make a small breakfast to go. It's a text from Kevin saying, 'Eric took your bike and I can't pick you up. Sorry♥'. I don't have transportation, so I has to take the pubic bus for the first time. It's whatever.

I wait at the subway stop, listening to "End of Spring" by ONEWE. A few minutes later, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I paused my music and faced the tapper. Hak?
"Su, you live around here?" I nod as Haknyeon sits next to me. I start to mess with my safety pin earring as anxiety creeps onto me.

"Oh, how come I've never seen you before." I text him: I take my motorcycle to school, but Eric took it today.
"You have a motorcycle?" He says kinda surprised. I texted: It's a street sport motorcycle. I got it when I turned 16 with my own money that I earned by helping out the workers at the corner store. I did my research and presented it to my parents. They were so proud of me that they bought me my first helmet, and I got another one for when gave rides. Haknyeon nods his head as he reads it. I text: What about you? Why are you here?

"The others had morning classes. So they let me sleep in ,but I'm not complaining." He chuckles. "What are you listening to?" I show him my phone, playing "LIT" by ONEUS. "Can I listen with you?" I nod as I cleaned one earbud before handing it to Haknyeon. We listened to my music until the bus comes. He hands it back as we got on. We sat together as another person got on a bit after us. I listened to "K.O." by SF9 as the bus takes off, while Haknyeon played on his phone.

We walked to school with another person walking behind them. I mess with my safety pin earring, since it was just silence for a bit. A few minutes pass when Haknyeon taps my shoulder, and takes out my earbud.

"So, you don't really talk a lot. Why haven't you talked to me when we're alone?" This one question made me clam up even more. I looked away, slightly ashamed. In my mind, I debated and debated whether to tell him or not. No, not yet. It's too soon.

"Um, sorry. You don't have to tell me now." Haknyeon noticed my panicked reaction. I shook my head. Maybe I should tell him.
"Um, you know how Youngjae and mine parents left us when we were young." He nods. "I was diagnosed with anxiety later on. Basically, I can't make friends on my own."
"And with Luli, she talked to you first." I nod, still looking down.
"I've always hated not being able to make friends. I'm only friends with the 10 of you because of Eric. He helps me, a lot." I smile, showing off my dimples.
"That's great." He wraps his arm around my shoulder. "I hope that you'll get better." I nod.
"Oh I forgot. I did make one friend. I mean it kinda by force, but we kept the relationship going afterwards." He nods, rubbing my shoulder lightly.
"If don't mind me asking, who was it?" I shook my head.
"Heo Hyunjun. He's my first love. We keep in contact, but we aren't as close as we used to be." He nods.

After a bit more silence, he just started asking simple 'Yes or No' questions. When he would crack a joke, I would laugh with a bright smile. He made me feel something, I didn't full understand. I just brushed it off, keeping it in the back of my mind.

At school, I take my seat with the boyz as Haknyeon drops off his stuff to go talk to a professor.
"Eli, what's up with the smile." Eric asks me as I sit next to him on the bench. "You never come to school smiling. Was it Haknyeon?" I ignored his teasing tone and talked about the walked to school with Haknyeon. A shy smile subconsciously appears on my face.

"Look. Noble Su is shy~. I think you're falling in love, sweetheart." Kevin says as he pats my head.
"Hey! Shut up before I beat you." I raises my arm, threatening to hit him. "I just don't want Lily or Hak to know about this." Worry laces my voice.

3rd pov

"Oh gosh. I can't believe it. I need to wait for her to tell me." Someone, looking at the group from the door way, says to themselves.

Haknyeon comes back, taking a seat as Luli sits next to Elli. Luli places a hand on Elli's waist.
"Miss me?" Elli nods as she kiss Luli cheek. They continue talking, enjoying our time. Luli was acting very clingly today, which was unusual for her.

Some of their phones go off, signaling the start of class soon. They said their goodbyes and headed to their respective classes. Once Elli took her seat, Haknyeon starts a conversation with Elli by writing in a notebook with her. Even when class started, they continued their conversation. Classes went by faster when talking to each other. The bell rings for lunch, Q and Kevin turned around to see Haknyeon talking and Elli writing still. They had a lot in common, more than they did with their close friends.

"Youngie, are you replacing me?" Q asks.
"Don't pout. I can't have other guy friends?" Elli pats Q head as she roll her eyes playfully.

"Babe! Come on, let's get some food." Elli look to see Luli walking to her with a loving smile. Blushes creeps on her cheek. Hearing Elli call Haknyeon a friend and her girlfriend calling her babe, it hurted Haknyeon. I'm falling in love, fuck.

After the couple's mini date, the two headed to Elli's class early. The two walked into the class room to see all of 11 of them, sitting and talking amongst themselves. Once Ell I found an open seat near THE BOYZ, Luli sat on het lap. Elli wrapped her arms around Luli's waist, making sure the older doesn't fall off her tiny lap.
"So this whole Ice Princess concept, how much longer are you going to do it for?" Luli asks with her arms around the smaller's shoulder. Elli shrugs, pointing to Eric for him to explain it.
"She's only doing it so people won't talk to her becuase of het anxiety. It helped being know as the 'Ice Princess'." Eric explains. "Remember first and second year of high school?"

"What happened?" Younghoon asks as Elli comes back to the table.
"During high school, she was badass. She would stand up for anyone who was being bullied. But everyone knew she wouldn't defend herself, only others. So they started to target her." Sunwoo says as Elli hides behind Luli out of shame.
"After one too many calls to the principal office, they started to threaten her scholarship. She decided to focus on herself and close off from others. She gave everyone the cold shoulder except for us." Sunwoo says as he pats Elli's shoulder.

Luli checked the time and freaked out.
"Okay, I need to get going. I'll see you after school." Luli says as she stands up and kisses Elli's forehead. Elli nods as anyone not taking the class, packs up to leave. Elli puts in her earphones listening to "Tag Tag Tag" by VeriVery as heads to class.

'She's a badass. Gosh, can she steal my heart even more?' Haknyeon pushes the thought to the back of his head as he continues to class. His mind continues to think about Elli, even when class started. She can't seem to leave his mind.

The last bell of the day rings. Elli packs up her stuff, getting ready to go home. She leaves the classroom with a smile on her face as Luli catches up to her, kissing her lips, and telling each other 'bye'. Going their separate ways.

Eric and Elli hops on her bike, heading to get some food for dinner.
"So, when are you gonna tell Lily about you and Haknyeon, or your secret." Eric asks as Elli hand him the extra helmet.
"I don't know, I'm planning on telling her this month. Hopefully, she forgives me." Sadness and worry rings in her voice as she puts on her helmet.

"I don't think she will. You've kept it from her for this long. She might not trust you. This secret and lie can make or break your relationship. She'll need time, so you need to give her time. Okay?" Elli nods as she starts her bike, dread fills her. I hope she won't be too mad at me, is the last thought Elli has as they drive off.