A Smile

Elli's pov

"Eli, The Boyz are coming over. We'll be im the living room mostly."
"Okay, tell Chanhee to come in. I need help to pick an outfit for my date with Lily at noon." He nods, leaving the room. I rifle through my closet and take out options. I sit on bed playing with my phone as I wait for Chanhee to come in.

I listen to "Absence" by Moonbyul when I hear the front door open and shut. I get up off my bed and head out to say to The Boyz. Everyone except Chanhee and Kevin notices me, giving to scare the craps out of them. The two scream as everyone laughs at the moment.
"I'm sorry. I just had to. At least for me." I chuckle, apologetically patting their shoulders. Chanhee gives a death glare while Kevin laughs it off. "Come on, cheer up. Help me with my outfit and I'll get you ice cream later." He wiggles his eyebrows a bit as he follows me to mine and Eric's room.
"Date with Luli?" I nod with rosie cheeks.

I show him the outfits, choosing as I went through the clothes. We ended up with an oversized white button-up with a black corset belt, and some black denim shorts. I grabbed my white and black boots to complete the look.
"I don't know what I would do without you." I hug the tall, lanky boy.
"Most likely look like a large mess." I lightly slap his shoulder.
"Shut it, Chanhee." I roll my eyes.
"You're not denying it." He teases as I push him out of the room.
"Let me change in peace." I chuckle.

I say bye to boys and leave the house with a smile. On my way to pick up Luli, I get her favorite chocolates and flowers. I drive in silence to her dorm building. My phone rings through out car since my Bluetooth in on.

I answer the call thinking it was Luli.
"Hey, it's Changmin. I'm using Chanhee's phone since I left mine at home."
"Yeah, what's up?"
"I was just wonder how things are with Luli. Why are you guys going on a date so suddenly?"
"I'm not too sure. She asked me on a date. I'm just guessing it's because we haven't gone on date in 4 months. We had to stop our weekly dates because of exams."
"Nothing is going on with you two?"

"I mean things have been a bit different. She isn't as interested in the same things as me for a few months now. We have different taste of course, but she does try to show some kind of insterest in them. It's as if she doesn't like listening to me talk." I park in the lot for her dorm. But the need to get things off my chest was greater. "She talks to about anything and everything she enjoys, and I listen to her. Enjoying her voice. But I would try to talk to about a song I'm making for you guys, and she would very obviously space out."

"I think you should talk to her about it. See why she has been like that." I hum a yes in responds.
"Thanks, Changminnie. I gotta go, I'll buy some ice cream for you guys when heading."
"Anything. Text one of us when you are heading out." We say our goodbyes and I head up to Luli's dorm.

As soon as she opened the door, she pecks my lips and takes my hand.
"I'm glad we were able to go out again." She locks her door.
"Me too. I missed you." She hums as we walk back to the car. I open the passager door for her and she hugs me as a thanks for the gifts. I hop into the driver side and head to the café.
"I see you remembered." Remembered what?, I yelled in thoughts as I smile.
"Of course. How could I forget." I hold her hand with my free hand. Her hand is still warm as ever.

At the soft aesthetic café, she orders our food and drinks. I choose a table and look at my calendar freaking out about what today is. After a bit of panicking, it turns it was her birthday. I recall the day we sent the date. But I put away my phone and she come back with the buzzer.

I throw my mini backpack next to door, flopping onto one of the open chairs with the ice creams in my lap. The boyz just stare at me with concern looks.
"What happened?" Haknyeon broke the silence. I sigh as I look through the ice creams.
"The date was good but I couldn't say a lot." I begin as I hand out the frozen snacks. "Of course, I love listening to her talk. She just would cut me off and never apologize about it."
"Did you talk to her about what you told me earlier?" I shook my head, taking my seat.
"I couldn't. It was a pre birthday date. We knew it would hard to meet for her birthday, so we decided to do it before exams started." I ate my ice cream in destress.
"When's the next time you'll see her?" Jacob asks.
"After finals. So like two months." I mess my hair in frustration. "Ugh why can't we go to the same school already." I state.
"Hey, it's just two months and then you'll be at the university together for the next year. You can do this, we believe in you." Haknyeon gives me a reassuring smile along with the others. I smile back, greatful to have such amazing people in my life.

I head to my room to get ready to finish the day. But Sangyeon stops me and hugs me. He pats my head, consuming me in his warmth. We pull apart after awhile.
"You've been friends for a year and have dated for two. You just have to talk. Communication is key in every relationship. Regardless if it romantic or platonic. Now, go rest up. You got classes tomorrow morning." I nod and thank him.

As I get ready to take a shower. I let my mind wonder. Sangyeon is the only father figure in mine and Eric's life. Every since our parents left us to continue their business back in America, we only ever had our aunt that wasn't really there a lot. I was the one taking care of Eric all the time, so having someone to lean on helps a lot. As I towel dry my hair, my thoughts are interrupted by my phone getting a text.

Lily🌹
Did make it home safely?

Elli🐴
Yeah
I'm heading to bed early
Goodnight
I love you

Lily🌹
Ok
G

n
Love you too

I sigh, wondering what happened to us. Does she know I'm hiding something? Does she feel like the secret is keeping us apart? I'm scared how she would react. Will she hate me? Will she cheat on me? Will she accept me? Will she kick me out of her life? Will she leave my life forever? I start hyperventilating and crying. All I could do was weep and shake. I can't breathe. I try looking for my inhaler but things become blurry. My legs gave up and I just collapsed onto the ground. I just cried and until I felt something my hands.

Eric's pov

I walk into the bedroom for some blankets to see Elli I having a panic attack. I grab her inhaler next to her lamp and put it in her hands. She uses it and steadys her breathing. I pat my back softly, calming her. I help her onto her bed, making sure she feels better.

A few years after our parents left us, Elli was diagnosed with anxiety. It still hasn't gotten better. But she is trying to get better, I think.
"Eli, you shouldn't over think. Changmin already told me about what you two talked about." I say, filled with worry. "You want to come to the living room and watch a movie with us?" I pat her head, wanting her to leave her mind for a bit.

Elli's pov

I nod, needing an escape. Eric helps me to the couch. I sat in on the end next to Younghoon. We shared a blanket and he lets me rest my head on his shoulder. I'm thankful to have the boys. They are mine and Eric's brothers. And I would be having a much harder without the 11 of them

I didn't pay attention to movie since I'm tired from the day. Last thing I saw before closing my eyes was Haknyeon's clear smile; lighting up my stormy life. I deeply sigh with a smile, falling into a dreamlike reality.

"햇살 가득한 날들이여 안녕/긴 잠에서 날 깨워준 아침이여 안녕 Oh/너의 유리처럼 맑은 미소가/세상을 환히 웃음 짓게 할 거야"

"Hello, sunny days/Hello morning, you woke me up from a long sleep oh/Your smile that is as clear as glass/Will make the world smile brightly"

- Joy's "Hello (안녕)"