Nothing without Pain

Elli's pov

I laid in my bed. I was better but i was still hurting.
"Eli, why don't you call Hyunjoon?" I looked at Eric because he has never suggests that. "Since you both have been through heart break together, he could tell you something that could help. More than we ever could." Eric hold my hand in hope that I woukd take his advice. It wouldn't hurt to try. I nodded and he smiled. He handed me my phone and left the room so I talk to Hyunjoon in private.

I looked for his contact: Fairy Prince💘 and hit call. The line rings, He hasn't change his number. Good. I smile as soon as I heard his voice.
"Elli?" I thought I would cry.
"Hi, Hyun." He chuckles.
"Hey, I miss you. Why are you calling after all these years?"
"Hey, I did call but you were busy. And then when you weren't busy, I was." He laughed out of embarrassment.
"Yeah, you're right. But you called at the perfect time."
"Good. Um so how's life." I wanted to ease into the topic.
"Life is pretty. I work at our old dance academy and I've met an awesome person. I would say they are very similar to Hyunjae hyung." I happily hummed. "How about you? Did something happen?"
"I love that you already know something happened."
"Of course, we were each other first love." I sigh, missing him.
"Well, you remember Luli. The girl I met in China?"
"Yeah."
"Well, we broke up a week and half ago. I'm having a rough time right now. It's hard to wake up in the morning and get out of bed. I mean that has been happening for the past two month but now I can't even stay awake." He hums, understanding my situation.

"Are you at least eating well." I nod.
"Haknyeon makes sure of it. He never lets me go without for a single meal. He makes me feel safe." I subconsciously smile.
"Sounds like you like him." I glare at his voice.
"It's just a crush, nothing more."
"Not from what I hear." The younger teases. I sigh, admitting defeat.
"Okay, I might like him a bit. But I don't want to date, at least not for half year."
"Your 6 months rule?" I nod, forgetting he can't see me.
"Of course. If I feel better in 6 months, I will go out with Haknyeon."

Hyunjun just chuckles.
"Well I'll been here if you need to talk. Just text me and I'll respond as fast I can." I shook my head.
"No, I don't want to be a burden. I don't want to text and have you be busy while I'm having a breakdown."
"You are not a burden. That's why I said text me and I'll respond as soon as I can. You need to get your feelings off your chest as soon as possible. Just spill all of it onto me." I smile at his responce.
"Thank you. I needed to hear that. I'll text if I need to."

Eric comes into the bedroom with a glass of water, placing it on my nightstand. He sits on his bed, wanting to listen into our conversation.
"So how are The Boyz doing?" I chuckle.
"Well, they are very well known at university."
"Oh, now are they." Hyunjoon teases.
"Yeah, everyone says they 'steal' the hearts of girls and boys, alike." I chuckle.
"Now that doesn't like them at all." He laughs.
"I know."
"What about you? You well know also?" I choke on my water, out of embarrassment.
"Oddly enough, yes. I am known as the 'Ice Princess'. But all of people just know me as the older sister to the youngest of The Boyz." I sigh, remembering our 3rd year of university. "I would, of course, come to their school in my off time to see Luli and say hi to The Boyz. But eventually, rumors broke out once I was accepted to their college in year 4." Hyunjoon gasps lightly.
"What happened?" I explained to him what happened last year.
"Are they still doing this to you?"
"I mean yeah. I just have classes with these people. It doesn't hurt but it does bother me. But I have The Boyz, them just being there with me helps me a lot already." Hyunjoon hums.

Eric sits next to me and points at the phone.
"Eric is in the room, let me put you on speaker phone." Hyunjoon agrees and do as I say.
"Hey Eric, how you've been?" Eric eyes light up, missing his friend.
"I've been great Hyunjoon. I hope you've good."
"Oh definitely."
"Hyun works at our old dance academy." I say to the Eric.
"That's awesome, Hyunjoon. I hope you can come visit soon." Hyunjoon chuckles.
"Eric, energetic as always. But yeah, I'll probably be there for your graduation. When is it?"
"I'll text you details once I know."
"Okay. I got to go now, I'll see you guys soon. Tell the other hi for me."
"We will. Bye Hyunjoon." Eric walks goes back to bed.
"Bye, Hyun."
"Bye, Eric. Bye, Young." We hang up and looked at each other.

Eric just stares at me trying to remember why he came in here.
"Oh, Haknyeon is coming over." I nod, smiling subconsciously. "I guess you're going to be happy to see him."
"Heh, you noticed." I shakes his head.
"You're not very good at hiding your feelings." I agreed with the younger. "Go get dress, I'll be in the living room." He exits the bedroom.

Haknyeon soon arrives, and Eric and I set up the living room. Once we sit down, I get a text from Hyunjoon asking for the graduation info. I text him the information for our graduation party.

"Who's 'Fairy Prince💘'?" Haknyeon asks, stealing a glace at my phone.
"Hyunjoon." Eric answers for me.
"Oh, you know Hyunjoon?" I nod.

"Hyunjoon and I met at our dance academy, where were were partnered up together."
"

What was your first impression?"
"Memorized. The first thing we did together was play some music and take turns dancing. We were memerized by each other's dancing, and soon started dating."
"Oh you two did?" I nod.

"They dated all of high school." Eric said before I could.
"It was the best 4 years of our love lives. We experienced true love and our first everything together."
"What happened when you left?"
"We tried long distance when I left for university, but we were too busy to keep the relationship going. We ended it mutually. We still loved each other, but just couldn't make time for each other." I lightly smile, remembering the pase.
"A year later, she met Luli and asked her to date. They've been together ever since. Well, until now." Eric adds, making me sigh deeply

Eric apologizes and stuffs his mouth with food. I smile at the younger, patting his head.
"It'll be okay. Take your time. You're not alone." Haknyeon pats my hand.
"Thank you, both of you." I smile at the two boys.
"Oh, I forgot. Changmin is taking you dancing tomorrow after classes." I nod with a smile.
"Want to come with us?" I ask the two.
"I would love to." Haknyeon smile glows.
"I can't, I have evening classing." I nod understanding. I will get better. As long as I try my best to get better.

"영원한 밤/창문 없는 방에 우릴 가둔 Love/What can we say?/매번 아파도 외치는 Love....We are the lovesick girls/네 멋대로 내 사랑을 끝낼 순 없어/We are the lovesick girls/이 아픔 없인 난 아무 의미가 없어"

"Endless night/Love trapped us in a windowless room (Love)/What can we say?/Long for love even though it hurts every time (Love)....We are the lovesick girls/You can't just end this love on your own/We are the lovesick girls/I'm nothing without this pain"

- "Lovesick Girls" by Blackpink