Love Story

A Few Months Later

"Are you nervous?" Rias and I are sitting in our apartment going over her valedictorian speech. Her class is graduating tomorrow: herself, Akeno, Sona, and Tsubaki. Sona and Rias are co-valedictorians so they're both giving speeches and Rias wants me to go over hers. So much has happened in the last months that it's really insane. Rias and I had to stay a secret to the student body, but the ORC and Student Council obviously knew about it. We've gone out a few times since returning from the underworld, but most of the time it's the two of us staying at home. She was a little upset when I went to Kyoto to chaperone the second year trip and she didn't get to come with me. Fortunately if we want to go we have the ability to pretty easily with transport circles.

"I just don't want to give a bad speech is all." I start rubbing her shoulders to calm her down and it seems to be working. She leans her head against me and I kiss the top of it.

"Trust me, it's not bad. It's kind of funny, you can motivate anybody like I've never seen before, but you're worried about a graduation speech. You'll be fine Rias. If you get nervous just know that I'll be there, and if you need to calm down real quick just look at me." She turns to me and hugs me.

"Thanks Y/N. Either way I'm just ready for this to be over. Sona would be so much better at this than me anyway. Once it's done I don't have to think about it anymore. We don't have to be so secretive either." I get a smile on my face knowing what I plan to do tomorrow. Seeing the clock is past 10 PM I figure it's about time for the two of us to get to bed for tonight. Rias' speech is done and she is clearly tired. We've been working on it for a couple of hours so it makes sense. I pick her up and bring her to our bedroom and we lay down, her completely sinking into me. "So what's next after this?" I know the answer but I can't be obvious.

"Only time will tell I guess. Whatever happens I'll be here with you." She smiles at me and kisses me. This had to have been the thousandth time the two of us have kissed, but it still gives me butterflies just like the first time. Though the difference between that time and now is that then it shouldn't have happened, whereas now it happens all of the time. Rias Gremory truly is the love of my life, and I'm very fortunate to have her.

The Next Day

Everyone has gathered at Kuoh Academy. I'm with Rias' peerage and Sona's peerage watching the ceremony, though of course the kings and queens are actually involved so they're not with us. Issei is next to me and there's an empty seat to my left, for now.

"Hey Y/N," Issei whispers, "are you nervous?" Him and I have gotten along a lot more since our fight in the underworld. The two of us work together pretty well, and I'm really looking forward to him getting his own pieces, which Rias has told me is going to happen soon. Issei is a lot more powerful than me now, and I'm not that surprised.

"Definitely. It's strange, even though I had proposed to Serafall before I'm more nervous this time than I was then. Fortunately her family helped me out a lot." The Gremory family helped me find a ring, and I hope Rias likes it. They said she would, and that's all I can hope.

(A/N: Use your imagination, I don't know shit about engagement rings.)

"Is this seat taken?" I turn and see a very familiar woman.

"Not at all Venelana." She sits down next to me and smiles. "How are you on this fine day?"

"I couldn't be happier. My daughter is about to graduate and be engaged." Rias steps up to start her speech and she looks up at her mother and I. I give her a smile and she gives one back. She starts her speech going over normal things, memories from school, teachers helping mold the minds of the youth, things along those lines, and the future. When she thanks the teachers I can't help but get a grin on my face, and Akeno turns to look up at me and laughs when she sees me. Next year I'll still be teaching, though it'll be Issei and everyone in his grade. Rias finishes her speech and she looks up at me again, and another smile hits her face.