Best Friend

Rias POV

After the rating game those of us that weren't defeated teleport to the hospital to check on everyone else. When we arrive we see Gasper, Issei, Asia, and Xenovia, but Y/N is nowhere to be found. I turn to the nurse and she knows what I'm about to say. "As soon as Mr. L/N woke up he went to go check on the other team and make sure they were all okay."

"So he must be doing okay then?" The nurse looks away.

"Not entirely. His injuries aren't terrible, but I told him he should have stayed and rested to ensure everything would be fine. The attack that sent him here cut him up quite a bit. He wouldn't listen and just got up to check on them. I asked him to stop but he said that he wanted to make sure that they were okay. It was rather admirable I must say. He'll be okay, but whenever he can he needs to lay back down and rest."

"Classic Y/N," Akeno says. I think back to what he told me last night. I check on everyone else and they all seem to have recovered rather quickly. I tell them about how proud of them I am, and each one of them should proud. I ask the nurse where Sona's house is and she points me in the direction of the room they're all in. As I make my way to them I hear Y/N's voice talking to them.

"I'm glad you all are okay. I understand that you may be disappointed in your loss, but take this as a learning experience. You all have a lot more room for growth, and I would be glad to help you all." I stand in the doorway and see Y/N standing in front of all of Sona's house like he was teaching, and they all still look a little disheartened. "Don't give frustration the last word. The beauty of trial and error is that there's hope."

(A/N: Koro Sensei is the greatest. If you haven't seen Assassination Classroom do yourself a favor and watch it.)

"Did you come up with that on your own?" I ask announcing my presence. Everyone looks my way and Y/N comes over to me giving me a hug. "I just wanted to tell you all that it was a very good battle, and I can't wait until the next one." Sona and her house all give me a smile and I look to Y/N. "As for you I've been told you decided to not let yourself recover so you could come talk to them." Everyone's smiles turn to grins and Y/N looks guilty.

"Sorry Rias, but I just wanted to make sure they were all okay." He turns back to Sona's house and tells them goodbye. The nurse comes and tells us that we are free to go and we head back to the Gremory mansion and see everyone. I ask for Y/N and I to get some privacy and we go to his room. "What's going on Rias? You seem worried."

"Of course I am. I know you wanted to check on them, but you should have let yourself recover first." He just smiles and puts his hand on my head.

"I'll be fine Rias, trust me. I'm just glad we won. I told you that's what I wanted. One night of rest and I'll be fit as a fiddle."

"I do trust you Y/N, that's why I'm worried. You just have a tendency to go above and beyond more than you can handle." The two of us move to the balcony and look out to the horizon.

"Rias, I appreciate the thought, but I promise I'm fine. Every time you tell me that it makes my heart hurt knowing that I could cause you grief." He puts his arms around me. "I've been thinking. You said back when we got to the underworld that you wanted to become the champion of the rating game. Anything that I can do to help you achieve that goal I will do. Today was the first step towards that, and I won't stop until you make it."

"Why are you telling me this Y/N?" He gives me a smile.

"I'm just telling you that whatever happens, I will still be here. It could be just the two of us and I won't leave." He gives me a kiss. "I love you Rias Gremory." I feel tears start to hit my eyes.