All Animal

3rd Person POV

The hall is cleared as Y/N and Sirzechs face each other, preparing for battle. Y/N removes the jacket he has on and throws it to the side, cracking his neck at the same time. The face Sirzechs has can only be described as psychotic. The two size each other up before attacking. These former friends preparing to do battle, not for sport, but for fate. The houses of Gremory and Sitri are joined by Serafall and Grayfia, as well as Lord Michael and Azazel.

"Azazel," Rias asks. "Do you think Y/N can win this fight?" He looks at the two of them.

"Not easily," he responds. "He just needs to keep a level head and he can. You, wife of Sirzechs, would you be opposed to taking the throne should Y/N be victorious?" Everyone looks at the silver haired maid.

"Let's speak of this after the battle." Her voice is cold. She isn't fond of the fight going on but she doesn't want to see her husband hurt. At least her son isn't here to see the two most important men in his life battle.

"I think Y/N can win," Issei cheers. "He won't let himself die here." The Red Dragon can't look away. The man who stole the woman he desired the most is in a battle for his life, but instead of being upset with him he would rather his teacher win.

"Me too Red Dragon," Serafall adds. "I know Y/N better than anyone. The last time these two sparred Y/N won. He's kept training since then, so I have no doubts."

The tension finally breaks as Y/N charges at Sirzechs. The devil king sends magic at Y/N, but he isn't fazed by it. His movements are fluid and he uses any chance he has to close the distance. Y/N throws a fireball which is easily dispatched, not surprising either fighter.

"Just give up now Y/N," Sirzechs calls. "You would be better off facing the punishment you deserve." Y/N doesn't listen. The only thing on his mind is surviving. His training with Tannin years before and the last couple of weeks with Azazel have prepared him for a moment like this. He closes the gap and jumps to kick Sirzechs, but the attack is read. Destruction magic hits Y/N, but he goes through it with no hesitation, landing the kick he was aiming for.

"He seems so calm," Akeno notes. Azazel chuckles and shakes his head.

"He seems that way, but he knows what is at stake here. I prepared him for this fight, running him ragged to get him to this point. In his mind he is right to be worried, but he knows you all are behind him." The fallen angels look back at the battle.

"Is that really such motivation for him?" Lord Michael posits. "Even facing death for the second time in a month he still fights selflessly."

"He's always been that way," Serafall answers. "The last time Y/N had fought for himself was before he was recruited by Sirzechs."

Flashback

4 Years Ago

Y/N is brought to a large hall. Inside of it are four people sitting at a table. Three men and a woman. His eyes meet the girl and she blushes slightly at him, and he feels the heat himself.  This woman he would later learn is Serafall Leviathan, who he would later propose to.

"My lord," Grayfia says, "this is the man you were looking for."

"Thank you Grayfia," the red haired man replied. What Y/N didn't know at the time was this was Sirzechs Lucifer. "Y/N, take a seat." He does so sitting next to the woman, across from the man. "Now I'm sure you're wondering how we know who you are or what you're doing here."

"No shit," Y/N answers. "I've been fighting fallen assholes for my entire life and some devils want to talk to me now. You better have a good sales pitch or I'm walking." This Y/N is different than the one who Rias and her house would come to know.