Chapter Fifteen : Is It A Deal?

"Daddy." The little echoey voice tantalised his ears first, then opening his eyes he saw the little purple figure standing in front of him, reaching his arms up for him to lift and embrace.

"Bryan?" Fearian called in shuddering breaths.

The boy approached him with a wide smile on his fluffy face, Fearian, who went through torment, lifted him without hesitation. He wrapped him in his arms as their furs touched each other's faces. A soft bond of love.

He didn't want this embrace to end but rather wanted all his troubles to melt away, for once in his life. Tears built up in his eyes when a lovable memory sparked into his vision.

A memory that took place under the blanket of glittery stars, surrounded by a grassy field where the wheat danced with the breeze, it was a time where Bryan was much younger and curious, a time where Fearian was on his way back to his homeland. It was where he gave his son a promise that everything will be fine and better for both of them.

Then as if on cue, a deep laugh interrupted their moment together, planting sudden fear into them. Fearian got out of his memory to look out for the source of laughter, but it was echoing everywhere around him, and it was getting closer to them.

"D-Daddy? I'm scared!" The child whimpered in fear as it hugged his father tighter.

"It's okay little purp, daddy's here, and I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Fearian tightened back with a kiss on his forehead.

Before he could speak any further, a shadowy mist appeared and formed into a sharp wave, like a dark cold blade, and sliced him, causing Bryan to disappear into smoke with his scream echoing away.

"NOO!" Fearian cried as he tried to catch the flying smoke, tears now raining heavily from his eyes. "BRYAN!"

Fearian wanted to scream louder so badly, but he felt his voice was so distant and low, even his muscles and limbs were slowed as he tried to go after the fading smoke of his son. All while the laughter grew deeper and deafening.

"STOP! STOP ALL OF IT PLEASE!" Fearian did the thing that he managed to do, shield his ears with his palms to cover the sorrow and horror. It was too much for him.

"Maybe I shouldn't have underestimated you," the laughter had abruptly stopped when a voice spoke calmly.

"It appears to be that you truly have the courage to do the daring, no matter the cost and consequences, to the point you're not minding your own pain and wounds but about theirs. A man with strong will is being a Naught for the right cause." A dark smoke formed into a familiar figure as the voice spoke. Revealing the same Dark man that Fearian encountered for the first time.

Fearian's fists shook at the sight of him and noticed that he was in the black void yet again.

"What have you done?" Fearian let a literal growl out of his throat. A beast was forming inside.

"Nothing much, I only just started until your King had found me. I gave your father my brutal punches as he wept in cowardice and pain, shame it didn't last long--"

Fearian lunged at him with a louder growl, throwing his hands at his enemy ready to strangle him, but he was too slow. The Dark man only smirked as he grabbed his arm and turned around him quickly, pinning his arm into his back. 

"Grk!" Fearian cried.

"Mabye that's why our king wants you so badly, you have the skill and power yet your mind isn't too hesitant, you're not doing it correctly." He only giggled.

"Shut your fucking nonsense!" He yelled as he lifted his foot and kicked the knee behind him.

"Argh!" He cried as Fearian managed to free his arm and face him.

Without hesitation, Fearian threw a balled fist at him, but the man dodged his head in time and bashed his curled fingers at Fearian's stomach. The pain forced a short scream to escape his mouth and his knees to drop. Gasping for breath.

"Every man has an urge to overcome, even I have this tempting hunger for vengeance that I must control to fulfill my duty, maybe you should control yours too." The man knelt at his height and hooked his chin to meet his ruby eyes.

"What urge do you think I have?" Fearian spat.

"It's either your mind or heart that urges you to save your coward and pathetic father, he's nothing but a fool and an ignorant man. I think it's time I focus on retrieving you since you might step in my path to vengeance," he answered with a sneer.

"I won't let you get away with this... "

The man stood up as his fingers rubbed his own chin. "How about this? You come with me to bring back our king, in exchange that I will never lay another finger on your father. Is it a deal?" He offered his hand to Fearian, who stared at it in disbelief.

Landing his eyes on his reached hand then glancing at the man's dark smirk he already knew the answer to his deal.

"No," he said.

"I beg your pardon?"

"You heard me right! That's a damn no!" He spat at his face. The man did not flinch at his reaction.

"Well you asked for it." The man's eyes flashed red. And before Fearian could respond, the man burst into a red light that blinded him, followed by a child's echoing scream.

"Wait no NO--"

"Fearian!" A voice from the outside called, which caused Fearian's eyes to snap open and find himself in a bright room with a gasp.

"Fearian it's alright, you're safe here." 

Fearian's eyes ran all over the room in confusion until it landed on Darvin's face that stood next to him, followed by two other men.

"We're glad your awake and fine." King Salvador sighed.

All Fearian did was gasp in fright and confusion, and he didn't think of anything else but the horror that is about to happen. That's where a thought escaped his lips without his realisation.

"No no no B-B-Bryan! Bryan! MY BOY IS NOT SAFE!" He screamed in horror and sorrow as his tears began to rain heavily again.