Chapter Twenty : Just Go!

Red coughed once he gasped the dusty air into his large lungs. Even with all that bulk in his body, he stood up from the destruction with shivering arms and legs. Now showered with a complete grey layer of dust and small debris. 

He turned and looked around in the dusty fog, searching for the king he shielded with his body. 

"Your majesty?" He called, his voice was slightly dry and throaty due to the floating specks.

"I-I'm here!" Another voice coughed, coming from the ground.

Red looked down to see his king who lied on his back, his arms held in the air forming an X to protect himself from Red's heavyweight. Yet this time, he noticed that Salvador's body was more silvery than ever, almost a silver statue that never broke or bent by his weight. 

That's where Red realised that his king used one of his abilities, hardening his body with silver and using it as full-body armour. 

"Are you alright, your majesty?" Red reached his arm to him.

"Physically, yes... Mentally, I don't think so." Salvador unhardened his arm and grabbed Red's. Not realising that he may have accidentally told the truth.

"When we are done with this, you better explain what's actually going on." Red pulled his king to stand with his squinting eyes.

"When we are done with this, right now we're facing a bigger threat here," Salvador said. 

"We have just begun, silver bug," the deep voice echoed. "show me your strength!" The voice was now getting closer through the fog. 

Red forced his hands to sizzle and bring his battle mallet to his grasps, Salvador summoned his silver chain with a hooked tip; this tip was almost curved like a crescent. 

"Red, it's best if you go to The Healing Temple. Those twins are after the Grevalons," Salvador ordered.

"But your majesty, Blarence is too powerful--"

"Blarence is King Black's puppet! So Blarence isn't the one who wants to kill me!"

"What?! I don't understand a damn thing--"

"Red, just listen to me and GO!" Salvador's pupils shrunk.

Red hesitated by glancing at his king and back at the coming threat.

"I've got this! JUST GO!" He yelled again. 

"Shit!" With that, Red had unwillingly complied and ran away with his mallet in his hands. Secretly worried about his king's safety.

~~~

Onel laid his back against the wall as he sat beside Fearian, dry of tears with sorrow still contorted on his face. Not knowing whether his sons will forgive him after he told them the truth, well, Fearian forgave him for his selfish actions. But will he also forgive him for having an abusive father all along? Especially since his father was a Dark Meanian that he kept secret?

Onel took a shivering breath.

"So, it turned out we have a grandfather from the dark side," Darvin said, staring at the floor.

"And he's back to seek revenge on you mostly," Fearian added. Still embracing his sleeping son.

"Mostly?" Onel turned to Fearian. "What do you mean?"

"I've... Actually encountered Blarence in a dream when I was in the dungeons, after you all shouted at me to leave. He didn't only come here to kill you, he came here because some leader told him to retrieve me," Fearian explained. 

"But why? What does he want with you?" Onel asked.

"I don't know, and I don't think Blarence knows either." Fearian shrugged his shoulders. 

"How are you sure that Blarence doesn't know why?" Darvin asked him.

"Well... I had another dream where he communicates with me," Fearian lifted his eyes to Darvin. "this time, I heard him say something about my powers or skills, 'maybe that's why our king wants you, you have the skill and power' or whatever," he added.

"So, maybe it has someting to do with your shadow magic?" Darvin added his thought.

Before any of them could speak, the sound of quick and heavy boots ran towards their room. And the curtain was pushed aside violently to reveal Red covered in dust and small rocks, with a serious expression on his panting face. 

"Grevalons, you need to get out of here right now!" Red ordered.

"But why? What's going on--"

"Dark Meanian twins are heading your way right now! And this time they're more deadly!" Red was almost yelling. 

"But Fearian is still hurt--" Onel was grabbed by Fearian's free hand.

"Dad, hold Bryan for me and I'll be fine," Fearian told his father. 

"But Fearian--" Onel was about to argue, but Fearian gave him an assuring look in his eyes.

"I'll be fine, just go with him." Fearian nodded. 

Onel hesitated for a few seconds, then finally complied and held Bryan as he passed Red. Along with the others. Darvin and Kyvan gave Fearian a concerning glance. 

"I hope you know what you're doing, Fearian," Kyvan said and got out. 

Darvin gave one final look at his brother. "Be careful." And he left. 

"Are you sure you're going to be fine, Grevalon?" Red narrowed his eyebrows at Fearian. 

"I've done this before so I've got this. Just go and keep my family safe." He said. 

Red shook his head as he left the room with a curse under his breath, now leaving Fearian all alone in the room. 

After a moment, Fearian made an effort to sit up on his bed, hissing slightly in pain. Once he sat up, he looked around, searching for his quivering black silhouette on the walls. He found it, and it was mimicking his posture on his right. 

Staring at his shadow, he focused on his energy and consciousness on that precise shadow, that is until he suddenly felt his head turn light and dizzy. 

Come on... He thought as he focused more despite the world that began to sway in a nauseating motion. 

Finally, everything went dark for him, and his body collapsed on the bed again. He opened his eyes and looked at the surrounding, now he was standing with no difficulty, and he was looking at his body that laid on the bed without moving a muscle. 

Now he was the shadow on that wall, and so his power worked.