Chapter Four : You're In Deep Trouble

Darvin huffed and panted as he sprinted towards the forest with the red glistening iron bow that he kept holding in his hands, and he kept cursing under his breath as the forest ahead grew tall with his approach. But he braked his feet when he noticed that the Fire Meanian and his companion were gone. 

Darvin stomped and shrieked, "that's even worse!" 

"Where are you going?" a voice asked calmly.

Darvin spun around to see the caller, and he let out a sigh of relief. 

"Kyvan! Thank the Mighty Kings you're here!" Darvin exhaled as he went up to him. 

"You seem to be worried, what's wrong?" Kyvan showed the same concern as Darvin.

"Fearian and I were taking Gholt on his first hunt until those Meanains told us they're investigating the forest for a dark entity, Fearian refused and--" 

"Is he being a Naught again?" Kyvan sighed.

"What's worse is that he took Gholt and Bryan with him! And there's a dark entity in there!" 

Kyvan's eyes widened suddenly.

"He went too far! And he's going to be in a lot of trouble for this!" Kyvan pushed past Darvin and took off quickly towards the forest while Darvin followed at his heels. 

~~~

"Listen carefully," Gholt whispered as he crept slowly and scanned his surrounding.

"And?" Fearian spoke as he followed him with Bryan on his back. 

"Concentrate," Gholt said. "and stay low when I spot it," he added quickly.

"Good." Fearian nodded while Bryan kept holding on to his father tightly. 

They'd been walking around the forest for almost an hour, and they were still searching for a rabbit to feast on even though there was none to be seen. This season was supposed to be fine, and the animals would've been wandering anywhere in this forest, except that they weren't here for some reason.

All they saw and heard were birds chirping and sitting in their nests. 

Strange Fearian thought as he looked around, the animals' disappearance baffled him a little, yet that summoned a hint of concern in his chest. 

As they were searching, they also avoided the Fire Meanian's sight whenever he was nearby. They either snuck out of the area he was in or gave him a diversion by throwing rocks at certain places for him to look at. 

These were the easy steps that Gholt had managed to achieve, but the difficult steps were yet about to come sooner or later from that entity. Fearian wanted to teach Gholt how to prepare and defend himself from these kinds of danger. However, he was worried that his brother might not make it. 

Because the entities that came to the Meanian Kingdom were known for their wild and deadly behaviour and high speed, just in case Gholt couldn't dodge in time, Fearian was ready to summon his sword.  

"It's kinda strange," Gholt said. "we're supposed to see the rabbits hopping by now," he added. 

"Agreed." Fearian looked behind.

"Where are the bunnies?" Bryan whined a little. 

Suddenly, Fearian felt the sickening feeling that clutched his stomach. It was the sick feeling of strong dread that slowed his pacing and muffled the sounds around him. His eyes widened as his vision turned a little dark, and his heart hardened and sunk. 

"What if they were hiding from something?" Gholt's voice seemed distant and echoing even though Fearian was right at his heels. 

Gholt's voice, Bryan's whining and the Fire Meanian's heavy footsteps weren't the only ones that could be heard. Something else was emitting a heavy wave of dark energy throughout the forest; Fearian was the first to feel it.