Chapter Twenty-Five : Here we go

"Alright, so what happens to the clone after we attempt exorcism?" Salvador lit his way down with his bright moon levitating on his palm, guiding others through the spiral stairs, deeper into the dungeons buried in the earth.

"Once the clone spirit is out and there is no other body to possess, it will disappear once and for all. So when he does get it out, it's best if he is protected and surrounded by silver, since that clone spirit belongs to a Meanian." Shaun was now tidier and looked less injured, but he still took some shaking steps down the stairs. "To the point you have to cover your head even," he added.

"Well how the hell do I cover my head with silver? Wrap the chain all over my face and cut my skull into giant chunks?" Red rolled his eyes as he rose his fireball high.

"That's why I'm coming along, to protect you during the process," Salvador said, not looking behind.

"Me too." Another voice joined.

Red looked at the column-like wall of the staircase to see the shadow Fearian, gliding (or better say sliding) down on the wall with his legless and armless body. Red didn't want to believe what his eyes had just witnessed. Were Fearian's blank red eyes squinting in excitement as he slid down the stairs with them?

"Grevalon! What are you doing here?! You're supposed to stay with your family upstairs!" Red cried.

"I just want to give a proper hello to my granddad once he's freed and a fuck you to that shithead spirit that's all," Fearian shrugged his shoulders. "I could be your reinforcement if things go wrong."

"Fearian, why aren't you serious with the situation? We're dealing with a powerful evil!" Shaun's foot landed shakingly on the steps one after the other.

"I don't know, maybe because we're finally ridding our problem I'm getting excited?" Fearian shrugged again.

"Excited?! Really?! This isn't some fun show but we're literally pulling out a clone of a dead man out of a fucking creepy guy! And things can go fucking worse as we TRY! Can you stop being 'excited'?!" Red narrowed his brows. 

"Nope, don't want to be in a serious or depressing mood. Why don't you want me to lighten things for you? At least for a bit?" Fearian raised one invisible eyebrow as he looked at Red.

"No," Red grunted through his teeth.

"Oh, come on we had enough tension and shock and fighting, isn't it right guys?" Fearian looked at the others for their response.

"I would love to have a warm bath after we're done with this shit, I had enough headaches," Salvador finally agreed.

"I would continue my research in peace," Shaun said.

"What about you?" Even though Fearian's lips can't be seen on his shadowy face, Red could feel that Fearian was smirking at him.

"Hunt to live, no plans," he finally said, in defeat.

"So, you like hunting entities for a living?" Fearian asked.

"I hunt animals to survive dumbass, like everyone else," Red growled.

"Red, no need to be bitter on him, he could help us out if things go for the worst," Salvador said calmly.

"As a shadow?" Red squinted his eyes.

"It's useful, since his body needs some time to heal," Salvador answered with a shrug.

"Alright, I don't want to sound childish but I'll race you downstairs!" Fearian then slid faster on the wall, disappearing behind the edge of the column wall with his 'weee' bouncing off the walls.

"God damn it can't he take any of this seriously?! He is acting like a kid!" Red argued.

"Sliding down into the dungeon is fun!" Fearian's voice echoed in the depths.

"We're almost there actually," Salvador said.

The group descended the steps in silence for a few minutes as the air grew still and cold the deeper they went, and as they did, Red's free hand pushed the side of his coat away to pull out his equipment from his belt.

A large, round gem, faintly glistened with peachy and pinkish light from Red's fire; with iron surrounding the edges for a good grip, was fit to his large palm. And he held it tight as soon as Salvador spoke.

"We're here." 

Salvador closed his hand to poof the moon away from his palm, leaving them with Red's only light.

There, they finally arrived at the double doors that have taken most of the space on the wall with its enormous size, the doors were filled from top to bottom with silvery thorned vines that protected it.

Salvador looked around at his men, Shaun shivered as he stared at the closed gates, Red squinted his eyes more as he tightened his object that he held, and Fearian, who was excited a moment ago, went neutral as he waited patiently for the king to open the gates.

"Are you ready? This task is going to be difficult," he told them.

"Let's just do it," Red replied.

"I was spawned ready." Fearian nodded with a squint.

"Uh... May the Fathers be with us?" Shaun said as his lips twitched to a quick uneven smile and dropped.

Salvador then faced the vines again and sighed. "Here we go." 

He raised his hand, that gave another moonly glow as he neared his palm to the sharp thorns. And just as his skin touched them, the vines vibrated for a moment before they loosened and slithered away from the giant gates.

After the vines have cleared, the gates pushed themselves open with a slow yet loud and heavy groan that filled the room they were about to enter. As the doors were opening, a bright silvery light blinded the group as it washed over them, except for Salvador who stood still as he stared ahead at the prisoner with squinted eyes. 

After their eyes adjusted to the brightness of the room, the men's eyes widened and their jaws dropped at the sight of the so-called 'deeper dungeon'.

What stood in front of them was more of a chamber, so wide, so high, so bright from all the silver walls that surrounded them like they were standing inside a dome. Even the giant mighty pillars that kept the ceiling high for what seemed like centuries were covered in silver.

And there he was, Blarence, now wide awake and sitting in the middle of the underground dome, heavily wrapped in tight silver chains which came from the pillars themselves. Staring at the king's arrival with his black void like eyes yet filled with white circles as irises.

"Well, silver bug, you're here to end me once and for all, isn't it?" Blarence's lips curled into a dark, wide grin.