Chapter Twenty-One : A Short Duel

Salvador grunted loudly as he threw his chain as fast as he could, trying to pierce Blarence's flesh at least and grasp him with his crescent-like hook. But no avail, Blarence kept dodging left and right in swift speed, chuckling even more as he approached.

"Whatever your plan is, leave this man's body at once!" Salvador made another throw.

"Not until I get what I need," Blarence suddenly burst into a black mist and reappeared in front of Salvador, his crimson-veined hand lunged at the king's throat.

"Urk!" Salvador's hand accidentally let go of the silver chain, now reaching for the arm that squeezed his windpipe.

"Look at yourself, struggling like a weakling again, tell me," Blarence brought his silvery face closer to his. "what is your secret of undying? I remember it like it was yesterday, I pierced my giant red blade into your body, cutting through your organs as you stood there helplessly choking on your own blood--"

"E-Enough!" Salvador's eyes had shone bright gold, and he tried his best to dig his fingers into Blarence's wrist. But Blarence's hand was squeezing harder despite Salvador's resistance.

"Why should I stop? Are you afraid of your own past, silver bug?" He only giggled.

"The past was in the past!" Salvador managed to say. "I-I'm not... afraid of it!" He kicked the air with his legs frantically.

"Oh, don't blacken your tongue, your eyes have already revealed your deepest fears. And you're slowly setting me free, don't you realise that you are failing your role as a king? A king is never a coward--"

Suddenly Salvador hardened his body with silver in a blink of an eye, and without hesitation, he raised one of his feet and bashed it into Blarence's stomach. Blarence wheezed as he stumbled backwards and let go of his throat, then tripped backwards as he continued to cough and hug himself in pain.

Salvador had a quick moment to take a few gasps and let out a few coughs, then after a few seconds, he stood in a fighting stance, bending his knees and curving his spine forward and finally, curling his fingers into tight fists.

Blarence jumped from his fallen position. His voice mixed with the deep one, and his personality seemed to intervene as well once he spoke.

"Oh you DAMN BASTARD--"

Salvador didn't let him finish when his fist had violently met Blarence's cheek. His punch, especially in a hardened state, was much stronger to the point that Blarence's jaw almost snapped and a few of his teeth flew out of his bloodied lips.

And with that punch, it also brought his head to hit the ground hard as well. Salvador swore that he heard a loud crack coming from Blarence's skull.

"I," Salvador panted a little. "demand you leave this man's body, right now!" Salvador ordered.

"H-H-Help... Me... P-P-Please..." A voice called desperately.

Salvador wanted to help the poor man, but he had a feeling that this wasn't over yet. There is still an entity inside him, pulling strings like a puppet. Or rather say, using Blarence's body as a shield.

After seeing what was truly going on with Blarence, he didn't want to use violence against him, not only because he discovered that he was an innocent man and that he pitied him, but because it wasn't in Salvador's traits to become hostile and violent right away. He would only let the aggressiveness take over when necessary or when he loses control over his fear.

Right now, if that spirit is possessing his body and controlling him as a shield, he has to find some way to tackle it harmlessly.

There was a way though, but he pushed that worst thought away because even if he managed to pull the spirit out of his body, he still needs Blarence to answer his burning questions and offer brief explanations. If he committed that terrible action, not only is he going to lose valuable information, but he would also have Blarence's innocent blood on his hands. If he stole his life away, that crime would heavily disrespect the colony that Blarence mentioned during the Questioning.

He ignored this thought as hard as he could and sought other ways to save this man, and time was running quicker than ever.

Blarence's head had sharply bent to the side, then backwards. One of his eyes blinked back to a normal blue while the other remained a black evil void with the scarlet steam swaying out of the socket.

"P-P-Please... S-S-Stop this pain! I beg y-y-you..." His head bent again. "Kill! Kill! Find Greva--" His head bent again and again. Is his head going to be torn and fall from these violent movements?

An idea had finally come to his mind, and this idea required speed and strength. As Blarence continued to struggle and kneel on the ground, Salvador spread his arms in the air. With that gesture, the floor began to shake slightly. And what burst out of the hard floor were countless silver chains all landing on Blarence to tie him up. All he did was struggle more with rage and agony.

"What are y-you DOING?!" The two personalities spoke at the same time, struggling harder.

Salvador had no time to stand but strode to the captured Blarence, his palms now summoning thin silver disks as light. Spinning slowly with small shapes of moons and stars and crescents floating around the disks, that's where he landed both of his magical hands on Blarence's head, the disks seeping through his head like ghosts floating through walls.

Salvador's eyes went glowing bright gold that concealed his pupils and irises, grunting as he tried to attempt his spell. Instead of screams of agony coming out from Blarence's condition, he only let out his groans. After a few moments, his tied body moved less and less. 

Finally, Salvador let go of his head and let the chains dissolve into nothingness, allowing Blarence's body to collapse motionlessly to the floor.

"Ohe Fateher Silvian..." Salvador exhaled as he put his hands on his knees for a breath, sweat forming and seeping through his furred face.

"King Salvador!" Some voices called.

"What now?" Salvador spoke among his gasps.

Just as the sound of running boots arrived at him, he stood straight and met his guards' eyes. 

"What is it?" He asked.

"Your majesty... We've checked the room as you ordered, and his spirit is still there," one of the guards spoke. 

"Nothing has changed your majesty," the other guard added.

Their findings had shocked Salvador, he darted his head away from his guards and looked at the unconscious Blarence on the floor. 

"But... But he was there! Inside that man's body! How can he..." He trailed off as other thoughts swarmed his mind. He then looked away again as he ran his fingers through his hair, panting.

"Your majesty? Are you alright?"

"Take this man to the deepest dungeons, we need to wrap him tight. Once done, go out and search for the Grevalons and bring them here for safe keeping," he ordered without looking at his guards. "and tell the other guards to search for the remaining two Dark Meanians, they need to be six at least to capture them." 

"Anything else?" The guards wanted to know more about what had happened, but due to the urgency, they weren't hesitant to their king's commands.

Salvador breathed for a moment. "Tell one of the guards to call Hunter Minsan, I need him immediately."