The Ring

____________________________________

"GaaAHH - FUCK" Katsuki yelled at the top of his lungs. Iida had woken the king up as told to do so by his father. Katsuki was running on little sleep and had only just fallen into his slumber about 2 hours prior. So Tenya.... kinda poked the bear at this point.
"Sir! Your father has ordered me to wake you!" He said with authority while we chopped at the air with his hands.

It was 6:30 AM. Shit. Katsuki thought to himself as he slowly got out of bed. He blinked his eyes open slowly and noticed the beta was already gone. "How... fucking fast are you....?" He angrily mumbled to himself. Katsuki on the other hand, was late to a meeting. He was to meet his father in the grand hall for something. And so, he lazily got out of bed and walked to his massive bathroom.

He opened the large door and walked over to the sink. Over it held a mirror to which he took a glance in at himself. His hair was more ratty than usually, but it's not like his hair didn't stick up in 100 different directions anyway.... be brushed it out the best he could and walked to his closet to get something on. He usually slept in just his boxers but he had fallen asleep in his regular outfit, which was just a white button up shirt with black jeans or dress pants. The shirt was heavily wrinkled from sleeping in it, and so he sorted through his clothes to find something simple, yet suitable for meeting his father.

Katsuki threw on a grey shirt and a different pair of black pants and called it a day. He brushed his teeth and grunted before leaving the bathroom. He put his favorite red cape on over his shoulders, put on his shoes, and left his bedroom.

As he walked down the large hallway, you could hear the hard soles of his shoes "click" against the polished floor. Maids that were cleaning the hallway moved out of the angry mans way and did simple curtsies, then continuing onto their work. "Tch-" was all the hot tempered king "said" as he continued walking to his father. He walked up to the large doors and looked at the handle, furrowing his eyebrows at the thought of what his dad might want this time. Katsuki swung the door open as if his life fucking depended on it. Masaru slightly jolted at the noise but still had his shit together. "My boy, your late again!" He said sternly but with a gentle smile. "Yeah yeah, whatever old man..." Katsuki replied.

"Now what do you want?" He angrily asked his father.

"Young man, that's no way to speak to me. But! I have someone here who would like to talk to you. Ms.Yaoyorozu! You may come in now!" Masaru called.

A tall black haired alpha walked in. Seeing Yaoyoruzu wasn't new. They had met up a few times before to make simple little trades. She herself was a soon to be queen in a neighboring land. Momo loved stallions, so she often came to buy one from the king. After all, the Fire Kingdom has great horses and she loved them. Bakugou acted as if he hated the girl, as he did with every other living being on the planet, but he would never admit that it was great company. "Here for another fucking horse, Ponytail?" He rudely blurted out.

"Nope! I came for something else this time!" She happily said, completely unfazed by Katsuki's rudeness now.

"Soooooo, guess what, Katsuki!" She said A little too happily for Katsuki's liking, jumping up and down in place.

"WHAT, OH MY GoD JUST SAy-" he started before getting abruptly cut off.

Yaoyorozu ran up to Katsuki, shoving her hand in his face waving it around and holding it still after a moment.

An engagement ring placed on the fourth finger of her fourth hand was present.

"CUT IT OUT PONYTAIL, GET YOUR FUCKING HAND AWAY FROM ME, UUUAAGH." He complained to the girl. He grabbed her hand and pushed it away from her.

"EEEEEE" she shrieked. "I DID IT KATSUKI, I DID IT!" She went on.

Katsuki grunted again and began walking towards the hall. Yaoyorozu knew where he was headed, usually when they'd meet, he'd walk off in the middle of anything to go get a snack, with her along too.

"Well, go on, shithead." He said.

"Oh my gosh, Katsuki. I'm so happy. Do you remember Jirou?" She went on again. Katsuki thought for a moment. He stopped in his tracks, the hallway echoed with the sound of their shoes as it went silent. He furrowed his brows once again as he thought. "Do I remember Jirou...?" His mind trailed off till a memory hit him. Last month when the two met up, Momo had an omega by her side.

Katsuki did remember her as a pretty young lady. Didn't exactly know her, but he knew about her. "Uhh, yeah." He responded. "WELL! We have become mates now and we are getting married soon!" Yaoyorozu stated a little more calmed down from earlier.

She opened the kitchen door, holding it open for Katsuki as they walked in. "Congrats." Was all Katsuki said before grabbing a few berries from a basket and handing them over to Momo. She happily ate them as Bakugou just stared at her. His angry eyes shot her back into what she was here for.

"Oh! Yeah, sorry I was a bit distracted by the news. I came here because I need to get her a perfect ring for our wedding and I'm sure you would have it. I have another cape for you if you wish to accept." Yaoyorozu stated.

Katsuki was DEFINITELY in need for a new cape. He could've just had the tailors make a new one, but he hadn't gotten the chance to put an order in, and this was just great timing. Without saying a word, he walked out of the room, Momo following behind. The two walked into the treasury room. Katsuki took a key from his pocket and clicked open a drawer. He pulled out a few boxes, looked through them, and pulled out a single ring.

It was a gold ring with a large Amethyst in the center, it was surrounded by perfect little diamonds that twinkles in the light. Closing the box now, he walked back over to the other Alpha and put the ring in her hand. Momo examined the ring and shrieked with happiness once again. "God damn, quit it with the screaming." Katsuki grunted.

"KATSUKI YOURE A LIFE SAVER OH MY GOSH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH." She blurted out, proceeding the pull a large box from her bag, one of which contained Katsuki's new cape.

Katsuki gagged at her joy. But proceeded to take the cape from the girl.

"Thank you, Katsuki." She said more professionally this time. Katsuki held the box in his hand making an honestly unreadable face as his friend bolted out the door and back to where she came from.

Katsuki sat in silence. Staring at the door the Alpha has just left. He sat in the treasury alone for a few moments before opening the box he was holding. This cape was definitely nicer than his present one. It made him almost not want to wear it. It was a beautiful red color and the fabric was plush and soft. He was very pleased with the trade from the (today annoying) girl.

Despite not expressing it, Bakugou was happy for Yaoyorozu finding her love and mate. She was so happy with her and it showed. But in the end, it reminded him of the constant pressure for him to get a mate himself. He was an asshole and he knew it personally. If he didn't chose to just pick an omega from the trade group, then it'd be hard for him to love one on his own. He shook the lonely thought off and headed back to his room.

He scented up his new cape so that it smelled strongly of him and he put it away in a mini dresser by his bed. He would wear his original cape until it was truly ripped to shreds, so that he could save the new one for later.

This of course ended with him completely forgetting about the plush cape.
____________________________________

Helloooooo, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! I just wanted to write this to add on to more of their character. Plus it's important for later. Shhhhhh...... I hope this chapter didn't bore you too much, I don't want to move the story too quickly, as I already have like two or three time skips, but I also don't want it to go super slow. I'm going to stop rambling on and on now, ok bye. :3
____________________________________
1500 words- October 22, 2020 11:00 PM