13

Demi's POV

The next morning, I woke up to Mila crying so I open my eyes to see Odell trying to feed her with a bottle but she doesn't want it so I sit up and reach my hands out.

"She probably wants me." I say and he looks at me then hands me her before getting out of bed as I lift my shirt up so she can eat. He then walks out of the room and I sigh and look down at Mila and I stroke my finger across her cheek as she eats. "How am I supposed to make your daddy not mad at me anymore?" I ask even if I know she won't reply. "I love you angel." I whisper bringing my finger down to her hand as she grasps my finger in hers. After Mila finishes eating, I burp her and change her before laying her back down so I can wash my face and brush my teeth. I then lift her back in my arms before walking downstairs with her. All the kids were still sleeping since it's still a little early so I lay Mila down in her rocker and sit down on the couch next to Odell. He looks straight ahead at the TV and I sigh and grab his hand in mine and I start playing with his fingers.

"Can you please stop being mad at me." I say as I look down at our hands and I start tracing the tattoo on the back of his hand.

"I'm not mad. I'm frustrated." He says and I look up at him.

"What did Max tell you in the hospital room?" I ask and he finally looks over at me.

"He apologized for how he was treating me, but he said that he's always going to be in love with you and will always fight for you. He told me that he was thankful that you guys have kids together so you and him will always have a connection so I need to stay on the lookout because you and him will end up back together eventually." He says and I take a deep breath. "I know what he meant by that Demi. He's just using the kids to get closer to you and to get back together with you. I hate that for the kids because their dad is just being their dad so he can get with you again. They don't deserve that and you don't deserve that. I'm annoyed that you're falling for his trap and don't say you aren't because you are. Even if you can't see it, I do." He continues and I look back down at our hands.

"Okay. I believe you and I understand your frustrations. I won't go see him today, but when he gets out, I will be having a talk with him." I say and he nods.

"I'm sorry I said what I did last night about doubting your loyalty to me. That wasn't fair on you and I'm sorry." He then says and I nod.

"I deserved it." I say shrugging but he shakes his head as I look up at him.

"No you didn't. Whatever you did in your past is your past. I watched that leaked video anyways and it was very clear that you did not want to kiss him. You were just caught up in your own emotions and he took advantage of that. I trust you and I know you are one hundred percent loyal to us and to me." He says and I smile and scoot closer to him.

"And I am loyal to you. You're my soulmate Odell and I feel that with every cell in my body. You are my person and I have never ever felt that before. I thought I did and that's why I got married, but you, you're so different. I am so fucking in love with you it's ridiculous." I say and he smiles.

"I'm so fucking in love with you also." He replies and I giggle.

"Can you kiss me now and stop ignoring me? I missed you." I say pouting and he chuckles and brings me in for a slow kiss. After we pull away, I rest my head on his chest as he wraps his arms around me and I sigh contently.

That next month went by pretty quickly, and before I knew it, it was Christmas morning. The kids were ripping open their presents and squealing every time they saw something that they asked for and they got it. Lincoln was also really excited to see that he in fact got presents as well. It was actually really sad last night because as I was putting Lincoln to bed he asked me if Max will be home so he can get presents.