9

Demi's POV

I couldn't sleep last night. Max was on my mind the whole night for no other reason then there is a strong possibility he will die. That the kids won't have their dad anymore. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't stop thinking about getting a phone call saying that he passed away and then I have to tell the kids. I have to tell Lincoln that he doesn't have any parents now. It was breaking me. All I wanted was for him to wake up and then get better. Something had to have been going on with him for him to resort to drugs. For him to try and kill himself. I was up the entire night, eyes wide open as I looked at the wall as I laid on Odell's chest. When Mila woke up, I tended to here before Odell woke up so he could sleep. At around 6:20 in the morning, Mila started fussing so I turn to my other side and lift her out of her bassinet. I lifted up my shirt and she instantly started eating. After she finished eating, she wouldn't fall back asleep, but she wasn't crying so I just let her lay in my arms while I grabbed my phone. I haven't been on my phone since Odell called me at the hospital yesterday. As soon as I open it up, I see message after message after phone call all asking what happened. I furrow my brows and I am honestly confused at how everyone knows something happened to Max. I then go to Scooter's text message and it's a link to an article asking if it's true. I open it up and my heart immediately begins to race.

Max Ehrich Hospitalized After Drug Overdose!
Max Ehrich was rushed to the hospital for an apparent drug overdose that occurred in his LA home. A source says that his ex wife, Demi Lovato, found him and brought him back to consciousness while she called an ambulance. In the 911 call, you can hear Lovato desperately try to get Ehrich to open his eyes and to stay awake as she sobs hysterically. As of right now, we know nothing more. We are all praying for Ehrich to be okay and make a strong recovery. Below is the 911 recording that was made by Lovato.

After I read the article I close my eyes as my heart breaks. I didn't want the world to know about this, but it was only a matter of time. Now, the whole world also hears me crying and screaming for Max to wake up as well. Sometimes I wish I didn't have the platform that I did so things like this could stay private. I quickly answer scooter and tell him that he's at the hospital and unconscious. I then text his mom and apologize for not keeping her updated like I promised and I tell her what the doctors told me yesterday. I then lock my phone and I look down at Mila who's looking up at me with curious eyes. I muster up a small smile at my baby girl then lean down to kiss her before getting out of bed and walking downstairs with her. I sit down on the couch with her and I rest my head back.

"Demi." I hear and I turn to see Lincoln on the stairs.

"Hi honey, come here." I say and he walks down the rest of the stairs and climbs on the couch next to me. I wrap one arm around him while the other continues cradling Mila.

"Daddy okay?" He asks and I sigh and look down at him. I don't want to lie to him, but I also don't want to give his hopes up.

"Daddy is really hurt right now and he fell asleep so he can get better. We just have to have hope for daddy to be okay, alright?" I say and he nods. Mila then starts fussing so I look down at her and grab her pacifier off the coffee table in front of me. She immediately quiets down when I give it to her and then Lincoln points down at her.

"Baby." He says and I nod with a smile.

"Yeah, she's a baby." I say and he smiles and leans over to kiss her softly and my heart melts. "Do you want to watch some cartoons?" I ask and he nods so I turn the TV on and put on some cartoons. Mila eventually fell asleep in my arms so when she did, I lay her down in her rocker then buckle her up. I then go to the kitchen and start making myself a coffee. Once it's made I turn around and practically crash right into Odell making me jump.