10

Demi's POV

The next morning, Odell took the kids to school while I stayed home with Mila and the little ones. When Odell came home, I got in the shower and got ready to go to the hospital.

"Babe, did you pump at all? There's no milk in the fridge." Odell asks as I get dressed.

"Fuck. No, I forgot. Ugh, I'll take Mila with me to the hospital with me." I say.

"You sure you wanna do that? He's not a big fan of us having a baby." He says and I sigh.

"I don't have a choice. I need to be there." I say bringing my hair up in a bun while the three little ones lay on our bed watching cartoons and Mila lays in her bassinet.

"Okay then. You want me to get her dressed?" He asks.

"Yeah, please." I say and he nods and walks over to her and changed her into a pink sleeper. He then slides on a pink headband with a bow on her head while I grab her car seat. This will be the first time she's been out of the house since she was born and I'm a little nervous but I'm sure she will be fine. I then pack her diaper bag with everything she will need while Odell buckles her in her car seat.

"Alright you guys, I'll see you later okay? Be good for Odell." I say going to kiss each of the kids heads. I then walk up to Odell and he gives me a smile as he hands me Mila in her car seat. I then lean up to kiss him softly.

"I love you, I'll see you soon baby." I say as we pull away.

"I love you too." He replies then bends down to kiss Mila in her car seat. I then head downstairs and leave the house. I get Mila in the car before I get in myself and head to the hospital. Once I arrive I get Mila out of the car and put her car seat at the crook of my elbow then I head inside and go to Max's room. When I open the door, I see him laying there watching tv. No one else is in his room so I walk in a little more and he looks over at me. He then looks down at the car seat.

"Umm.. I forgot to pump so I had to bring her with me. I hope that's okay." I say hesitantly and he eventually nods and looks back at the tv. "How are you feeling?" I ask sitting down on the chair and placing her car seat on the ground.

"Fine." He answers and I nod looking down at Mila to see her fast asleep.

"Where's your parents?" I then ask and he shrugs. I place my hand on his and he looks over at me. "Look, I know you don't want to talk right now and I understand that, but I'm here for you. Despite all our problems, you are still the father of my children and I will always care for you." I say and he nods looking down at our hands.

"I started drinking awhile ago. It started when you told me you were dating Odell." He says and I nod.

"And the drugs?" I hesitantly ask and he sighs.

"Sommer got me smoking and it just progressed from there. After we broke up and I found out that she was hitting the kids I felt like a horrible father so I started doing coke. I never did it around the kids though, I promise. I wouldn't do that." He says and I nod.

"What made you want to do what you did?" I then ask.

"I.. I don't know. I was just really upset and I didn't feel worthy I guess." He says and then the door opens and walks in Rhonda. I sigh and let go of his hand as I sit back in my chair. Rhonda walks over to Max and kisses his head before sitting down herself.

"How are you feeling honey?" She asks Max and he shrugs, but doesn't reply to her and I wonder why he will only talk to me. "You brought the new baby I see." Rhonda points out and I look up at her and nod.