1

Demi's POV

It's crazy how life works out. I spent a good time of my life thinking I was going to spend the rest of my life with someone and then shit goes down and that all changes. Now, I'm in another relationship when I didn't think I would ever get in another one and we are so happy. I am so happy. The kids love Odell and Odell treats them amazing. Max wasn't the happiest when I told him I was dating again, but he had no right to be mad. I remember the day I told him that I wanted to introduce him to the kids and he was pissed.

I drove to his house when Zaila and Enzo were at my moms and the other two were at school. I knocked on his door and Sommer answered holding Lincoln against her hip.

"Hey, I was just wondering if I could speak to Max. Is he here?" I ask and she nods and let's me in. "Hi Lincoln!" I say excitedly and he smiles big and waves.

"Hi!" He says back and I smile. Lincoln is definitely very outgoing and has a big personality.

"Baby! Demi is here!" Sommer than shouts up the stairs and we both stand there awkwardly. It's not like we have any bad blood between us, we just don't really have much to talk about so we chose not to talk at all.

"What's up?" He asks as he walks downstairs.

"Can we talk real quick?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah, let's go outside." He says kissing Lincoln's cheek as he walks by.

"So as you know, Odell and I have been dating for awhile and I wanted to ask you if it's okay for him to meet the kids?" I ask straight off the bat.

"No." He simply says and I furrow my brows and look at him as if he's crazy.

"No? What the fuck? Why not?" I ask slightly pissed off.

"I don't want another man around my kids." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Our kids Max. And you introduced Sommer to them only a month after we got divorced." I say.

"Cause we have a kid together." He says crossing his arms.

"That doesn't mean anything. Odell and I have been dating for six months now. I want to introduce them." I say crossing my arms.

"Well I don't want that happening. He isn't going anywhere around my kids." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Then neither is Sommer. As long is she's here then the kids won't be coming over anymore." I say going to walk away.

That next day after I dropped Zara and Ezra at school I was playing with Zaila and Enzo when the doorbell rang.

"I get it mommy!" Zaila says standing up quickly.

"Nope! Wait for mommy missy." I say running after her as she giggles by the door. Enzo follows closely behind and I open the door to see Max standing there.

"Daddy!" They both squeal as they run up to him. He smiles and picks both of them up in his arms and kisses them. He interacts with them for a few minutes before they go to the playroom and Max follows me to the kitchen.

"I was wondering if I could have the kids a day early this week so I can take them to the fair after school." He asks and I look up at him.

"Will Sommer be there?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.

"Yes, it was her idea." He answer.

"Then no." I say turning to wipe down the counters.

"Demi seriously? Why are you acting like this?" He asks annoyed and I turn and cross my arms over my chest.