7

Demi's POV

We've been here for about eight hours now and I swear nothing is progressing which is just making me anxious and annoyed. A nurse then comes in to check me.

"You are at 9 cm now Demi. Almost there. We're going to start getting everything ready and we will check you again soon." She says and I nod. She then walks out and I look over at Odell completely exhausted. He gives me a small smile and pushes some of my hair behind my ear.

"My epidural is going to wear off by the time I have to push." I say and he leans down to kiss me softly.

"I'm sorry. At least we get to see our baby soon." He says and I nod.

"I'm over this. I just want my baby already." I pout and he smiles.

"I want our baby also. You're almost there though. I'm so proud of you." He says and I smile. I then close my eyes to try and get some rest before I have to start pushing when Odell's phone starts ringing. "It's the kids baby." Odell says and I smile and pop my head up and grab his phone. I talk to all the kids for a few minutes and tell them that they will have a baby brother or sister by tomorrow morning. They were all so excited and I promised that they could come to the hospital tomorrow to see the baby. We then hang up since they had to go to bed. About thirty minutes later, the nurse and the doctor walk in and check me once again.

"Please tell me I can push." I say and they both chuckle.

"Yes, you are ready to push. Let's just make sure everything is ready to go for when the baby is born." My doctor says and I smile big and look over at Odell who all the sudden looks really nervous.

"You okay baby?" I ask grabbing his hand and he looks over at me and nods.

"Yeah I'm fine, just got nervous all the sudden. Like, we're having a baby." He says and I smile and nod.

"We are. And your going to be the best daddy. You're already amazing with the kids." I say rubbing the back of his hand with my thumb and he smiles.

"I hope so." He whispers and I give him a look.

"You will be." I say and he gives me a small smile then leans over to kiss me. "I love you." I mumble as we pull away.

"I love you too." He replies.

"Alright, you ready for this?" My doctor then asks and I look over and nod. I then sit up more and readjust so I'm ready for pushing and I put my feet in the stirrups. "Okay, on your next contraction I want you to push and hold for ten seconds Demi." My doctor says and I nod and take a deep breath. Odell holds my hand in one of his hands while the other goes to my back as I lift up a little more to start pushing when my contraction hits. "Great job Demi! Keep going!" My doctor says. It seems like a complete blur for the next several pushes when finally the baby starts crowning. "Baby's head is crowning, almost there!" My doctor says and I push again, this time a lot harder than the past pushes.

"There you go baby. Come on, our baby is almost here." Odell whispers in my ear which gives me the strength to push once more.

"And there is your baby!" The doctor says pulling my baby out of me and placing them on my chest as they break out in a loud cry. Tears start falling down my cheeks as I look down at my beautiful screaming baby that has a ton of hair. "A beautiful baby girl! Born at 9:21 pm on September fourth!" My doctor says and I smile and kiss my daughters head. I then look up at Odell who has a single tear falling down his cheek. "Would you like to cut the cord Dad?" A nurse asks and he nods immediately and takes the scissors and cuts where they want him to.

"She's beautiful." Odell whispers as he crouched down to our level as another nurse starts cleaning her off with a towel while she cries on my chest.