The Best Birthday Gift Ch.4

Y/n Pov:

Today's the day of the month for the orphans to be adopted and my ninth birthday. But since I'm used to everyone ignoring me and all of them not lasting a day with me because strange things happen because of me, I decided to go visit the Leaky Cauldron. 

I always feel all depressed on my birthday, especially that this year it's on adoption day. Though since I have found people who really care about me in a different world where I belong, just maybe this year it'll be different.

When I entered the Leaky Cauldron, everyone suddenly surrounds me greeting me happy birthday. I didn't know how to react to this but all I did is just say thank you. And I see Mrs. Sphinx there too with her emerald green velvet dress.

When everyone is finally starting to give me some space, I then notice a table with presents but not enough to fill up the whole table. Hagrid then came to the table to place a cake with pink frosting and green icing writing ' Happy Birthday (y/n)!"

Everyone got a piece of cake and so does Crumb, a small one at least. I didn't eat any cake but I just wanted some butterbeer instead, so Tom gave me my sprinkled up butteerbeer with a mug with (f/c) heart designs and running white wolves that actually move too, Tom told me that I make sure to not to forget it cause it's for me.

Everyone said that it's time for me to open my presents now, so I placed my mug of butterbeer on the table where it's secure to not brake and headed towards the table of gifts.  

Most of them were new clothes but in the style of the wizarding world. I then got some books from Mrs. Sphinx of creatures I've been wondering to learn about and one of the books are Fantastic Beasts and where to find them and got a blanket of all magical creatures designs. All the gifts have been opened but then Hagrid then said, "Alrighty then, Been savin' mine ter last, hope yer' like her."

He then grabbed from the inside of his coat pulling out a cage of an beautiful brown owl with amazing bright blue sapphire eyes.

"Blued eyed owls are rare, found this feller when she was passin' through the Forbidden Forest, thought yer the righ' person ter care for her," Hagrid passed me the golden cage with the owl size of my forearm

Her saphire eyes stare right at me and by the looks of it, she wasn't really comfortable being all scramble up with Hagrids coat felled with many things. So I told her, "I'll let you, if you behave." she looked at me shocked, I understood why because I get this same reaction to other animals because of them suddenly can understand what I say.

She then nodded in respond and I opened the cage. She flew out around the inn gracefully and free for being in the cage too long, then came back to me landing on my shoulder. I'm surprised she isn't that heavy by the looks of her but I didn't mind.

Crumb then starts to hide behind my mug making me remember that owls eat mice. "Hey you can eat mice all you like, but not Crumb," she looked over at Crumb then back at me. It took a moment for her to agree but she said ok.