Keeper of the keys Ch.2

Y/n Pov:

I got in the inn and I could tell nobody there aren't normal people. At first I see it's a bar that serves Food also. Everyone wears long robes, some wear weird hats especially the women which they look like their where witch hats.

I could feel my mouth watering at the smell of freshly made food it felt like I was floating right at the trail of the smell. And it actually made me accidentally bump into an old lady.

"WATCH IT!!" her voice so dry and raspy gave me chill down my spine. "S-sorry m-ma'm." I said not bothering to do it again and to pay more attention to my surroundings here.

She at me up and down especially saw Crumb which I immediately shoved him in my pocket more so no else notices him. "What are you doing here all alone little girl." the lady asked, "Obviously your not a muggle, though the way you dress shows it. Do live near Muggles little one?". I didn't understand by the term muggles and I nervous since it's actually hard for me to communicate with others when I spend more time communicating with animals. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." I turns out this lady was expecting something else I guess.

"Hm, weird if you are then how did you get here that's the question." She said while rubbing her chin in curiosity and everyone around are looking at me too. 

And as for me thinking this is the smart move, " I'm sorry to disturb you all, I just was going for a walk then I the sign and thought to check it out hehe." 

Everyone then started to whisper to each other, for once in my life I felt nervous as if... I belong here this whole time.

It stayed like this for awhile 'till- "what's all this commotion abou', eh?" The voice came from a Giant hairy man with a huge coats that looks like it's heavy with rocks in it, and he's carrying so many keys in his belt too. 

"We found a suspicious little girl who seems to be a muggle, Hagrid." The man who's named Hagrid was looking at me in awe and I think he saw Crumb too. The Giant seems nice even with those black beetle eyes, There's really something that's telling my gut that I should trust him.

"Would ya' like summat ter eat, little feller?" He asked me nicely, He probably noticed my skinny little body for him to ask me that. "uh I- uh ye?" I said.

"Alrighty then, be me guest." Hagrid motioned me to a table near a fireplace as a kind gesture. I passed by the curios people as I took a seat. 

"So Lil feller, what w'uld yer like?" I really didn't know what they have neither did I know what it is. "I uh- don't know sir."

He just kindly laughed and patted my head with his large hand that's the exact size of my head. He went up to the bar to order, Though people were asking him something and some were looking at me and back at Hagrid probably asking about me but not in a nice way.

Hagrid responded something I couldn't make up. "Are you seriously gonna trust a grown stranger? Ever heard of 'stranger danger'?" Crumb goes on and on of thinking this is a bad idea, I something tells me this ain't right, and "You should have listened to me but NOOOOOO, YOU DECIDED TO HAVE DINNER WITH A STRANGER!!" 

Back at it again with the staring and whispering thanks to Crumb. As soon as Hagrid came back with two trays of food, Crumb immediately came out of my pocket and grabbed a piece of my bread. I tried to grab him back to my pocket but he wouldn't budge, "Nah, it' alright, he's hungre' too." I was shocked by this but left Crumb their enjoying himself.

"He yer lil friend there?" Hagrid asked politely. I responded, "Yeah, his names Crumb, he's my only friend I got since-" I stopped, Crumb then looked up at me from the bread knowing what I was talking about. Hagrid then got worried and it looked to me he knew what he was talking about so he told not to push myself. 

I stopped thinking about it and decided to change the subject, "I'm sorry about that, may I ask who are you?". He told me his name is Rubeus Hagrid and he's the keeper of the keys and Grounds of Hogwarts, I didn't understand what he mean by Hogwarts.

"I'm y/n, y/n l/n, may I ask what is Hogwarts?" Hagrid was surprised, was I suppose to know what it is? "Oh righ', almos' forgot, I hav' ter make sure yer no muggle" I stood still not knowing what to do. He pushed away his tray to give him some space to place his huge arms then faced me. " Has there be'n anythin' strange tha' has happen'd to yer? like when yeh sad, angr'?" He asked, this is really easy to me and Crumb was giving 'don't you dare' looks at me but I ignored it. 

I told Hagrid about the time I got upset I screamed causing the lights flicker, glass cracking, and the whole area around me lost electricity, the dolls I made and pretend there voodoo dolls of my bullies and later the bullies wake up with back pains and scratches on there arms and legs, then I stopped again 'cause of my other ability that I can't share.

Hagrid ran his fingers through his messy hair as he thinks this through, I ate while I waited for his response. Crumb was now giving me 'Now you done it' looks in which I took out my tongue at him rudely, and of course this isn't a good idea when Hagrid noticed our little argument. "I can see yeh can also tal' to animals too?"

 Crumb and I turned to Hagrid with white faces, Crumb dropped his piece of bread he was nibbling in shock. Hagrid just sat there smiling and chuckling at the appearance and then said, "Not to worries yeh two, there ain't nothin wrong abo't that, though been years we haven't got wizards an' witches that's like yeh." Crumb slowly turned to me and may have said things in Italian that I couldn't understand yet. 

I focused more on Hagrid since he mentioned about wizards for some reason, "What do you mean by wizards and Hogwarts?". Hagrid cleared his throat and told me that Hogwarts is a school of Witchcraft and Wizardry and he also told me that Muggles are people that are just normal people with no sign of magic in there blood.

So here in this inn everybody is a witch, wizard, makes since on what they wear no offense. Hagrid then said I might be a muggle-born since I don't know any of the magical world, muggle-borns are people who have parents who don't have and history in magic but somehow their born with it and they didn't get it from their parents.

Stupid me decided to confess about my parents to find out if there are muggles or not. I couldn't remember anything about them and nobody told me anything about them and I want to know everything. 

Hagrid felt bad about what I have to go through, "I'm sorry yeh have ter go through that, Y/n, but I'm 'fraid I don't know anythin' about them, but I can bring yeh to the ministry of magic ter see if they can help. Com' on." Hagrid got up and left a tip on the table.

I grabbed Crumb and a two extra bread in case we need a little snack. 'So I finally get to find out who I really am huh?' I thought to myself.