Part 1 - Life.

~Chilled's POV~

Another goddamn slow day. Blowing out one long sigh, I smash a defenseless paper into the shape of a ball before tossing it towards the small trash can, hitting the rim of the can before toppling onto my floor along with the group of its twins. Before I could even think about picking all of the papers up I only find my head sink lower and lower until it makes contact with my oddly comfortable desk. The sideways world is cruel as well, the same boredom making my eyelids desire to just drop and go to sleep but the constant nagging of my boss echoes in the back of my head, not allowing even a small undeserved nap during work. My large screened computer is the only thing that illuminates the otherwise completely dark room, showing my messy office to the rest of the building through the glass which serves as my walls blocking my office off from the rest of the building. Small white "inspirational" quotes run along the bottom of the glass with a blue line decorating the glass along with the word "Hello" in different languages on my door surrounding the small plaque explaining it's my office. The two walls that are not composed of the bulletproof glass is dark blue walls with all sorts of billboards pinned up along with stacked silver file cabinets I hardly use and a large decorative clock taking up the entire space above my desk, something Jess insisted I have since I have problems "being on time". I hardly even look at the thing since it's positioned behind my desk and I don't just turn around to lo at the huge clock that mainly serves as a decoration at this point.

"Chilled, have you-" The door to my office opens abruptly with the serious voice booming through with a boring commanding tone to it. Glancing upwards to the tall man I smile lazily but before I can even have the chance to strike a conversation, a distracting one that doesn't involve work, the man sighs, loud and disappointed. "Tell me Chilled, enlighten me with your story. What have you done today?" Gassy asks with the mixture of amusement and disappointment in his voice, something I've become accustomed to hearing nowadays, actually since I met this guy.

"Well, funny story. I missed my alarm clock this morning without noticing and got ready for work in this wonderful uniform. Anyways, I made myself some pancakes because what kind of man doesn't need a few pancakes every now and then? So after eating the deliciousness I looked at the clock and freaked the fuck out and called my most handsome and capable friend, Mr. Gassy Mexican, and he helped me talk the big boss into believing I had a good reason to be late. Then I arrived here, chatted a bit with fellow officer Ze, loitered a bit in the conference office and chatted a bit with the big boss, spoke with a witness who was hanging around and may I say, she looks hot, then I came back into my office and sat at this desk and began working on that paperwork," I explain in full detail, pointing towards the large pile of crumbled papers which Gassy just glowers at and turns back to me, slamming a hand on my desk making me snap my head back up to meet his eyes, now intimidated by the seriousness he seems to switching to now from amusement and an open mind to whatever was the reason I was late.

"So basically you did nothing. All day. Nothing." My silence makes him groan in annoyance and steps back from my desk, grabbing handfuls of his hair as he paces away from my desk before lowering his hands and looking to me. "If you keep this up, Chilled, Sark will have enough with your shit and fire you. He's almost done it before, twice. I don't know why he keeps giving you warnings but you're lucky you're good at distractions to still be working here. If I'd been running this place you would have been fired ages ago."

"Gassy! Come on buddy, that's kind of harsh man," I complain, exaggerating my physically pained expression which only seems to irritate him more. "Hey, I tried to do work. The evidence is over there!" I claim, pointing towards the large pile of papers Gassy just sighs at.